The battery builders club

Havnt heard back yet, very exited about the prospect lol

Fixed it

8 Likes

Hot tip: organise the balance leads before you solder them.

I use hot glue under and over the balance wires, a bit of spit on your thumb to squash it down and cool it quickly

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: I knoww man, I learned the hard way.

3 Likes

Iā€™d just desolder and go again if i were you :+1:

3 Likes

oh itā€™s all good, it hath been fixed!

unless this looks bad to you?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s totally fine

1 Like

Looks good. Much better :+1:

2 Likes

just realized I got conflicting advice from you guys; solder fuse into positive or negative line of charge port?

1 Like

Its not a super big deal, but since the negative terminal of the battery is normally considered ā€œGroundā€ or ā€œZero Voltsā€, a fuse in the negative lead would leave the rest of the circuit ā€œhotā€ - usually Not a Good Thing.

Recommended practice is to place the fuse near the positive terminal of the battery, so the whole circuit will be dead if the fuse blows.

2 Likes

1+^ should fuse be in enclosure on in charger?

2 Likes

A fuse should be inside the enclosure, it protects from shorts along the wires or in charge port, like water or something else conductive bridging the contacts.

1 Like

This works better than it deserves to

Also the alternative if you donā€™t use spit and touch it is a really sucky burn. High temp hot glue burns really suck

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess some inappropriately high current went through that trace and caused someā€¦ undue heatingā€¦ and the heat caused the adhesive under the trace to let go? Maybe?

Hi there, a friend recommended me to you on built a new battery and bmsā€¦ Iā€™m in singapore

1 Like

Hey there! I donā€™t think Iā€™m the right person to be building packs for others yet, since Iā€™ve yet to build one on my own :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do u know of anyone that can do bms and battery for ownboard bamboo in Singapore

It would be way cheaper to buy a new one from ownboard than to get it custom made.

3 Likes

Truth. People ask me to build packs for their shitty boards and then are shocked when I tell them the price.

A lot of the big China manufacturers can sell a battery and enclosure for the same price I can get the raw materials for

4 Likes

:point_up_2: Truth right here.
Buuuut, when you take a lot of these packs apart you start to wonder why there arenā€™t more :fire:

8 Likes