The battery builders club

But they are well known for having battery issue if I buy any battery from them I’m scared it will be like the same as my ownboard now

I think because most of the time these batteries aren’t required to flex and are generally pretty well secured.

Plus, the systems that they work in are pretty much ‘unfuckwithable’ in terms of custom settings, so it is difficult to produce any sort of battery abuse.

But yes, I am also surprised.

3 Likes

So u can do?? And what the price?? Will like to know if u may…

1 Like

I can do. But I’m not going to sorry. I have far too many projects on the go and nowhere near enough time.

Plus I haven’t yet found a way to be able to deliver batteries internationally.

2 Likes

Dammmmmm hope u will and find a way for ternational shipping for batteries…

Finding a way to ship batteries internationally dropped off my list of things to do a long time ago. You’d be better off waiting for @Linny to grow a pair and build you a battery.

7 Likes

Do let me know if you can as I’m really looking for it…

If anyone can find a reliable option for worldwide shipping of batteries that will service the main esk8 countries they should get all the money

3 Likes

@longhairedboy seems to get away with it

3 Likes

He has a commercial fedex account I think

1 Like

This is the only reason I haven’t bugged the shit out of you in the past.

2 Likes

It would be nice, but none of the courier services wanna know about it unless you’re shipping 1000s of items per month

2 Likes

Probably even then they wouldn’t allow it, as lithium ions over some wh without certifications / being installed into a product like a skateboard for example are not allowed to go through tunnels for example

If its built in a product you can ship it much easier

Call up some currier and ask them about the un rules for shipping li ions

1 Like

Yeah, nah. When I realised it wasn’t gonna be easy, I gave up on the idea.

As much as I would like to rejuvenate some of Bill’s old and tired dildo batteries, there is only so much effort I am willing to outlay.

So much so that I rarely build batteries for people now, I just recommend other people. Its heaps easier :joy:

6 Likes

Hi guys,

Iv’e had a look around and can’t really find much info on this, maybe I didn’t look hard enough…

At the moment my pack is 6s10p, soon to be 10s6p when my VESC 6.6 arrives. With my 25R cells, I can charge at 2.5x6 so 15A Max. What sort of chargers are people using to make this happen. I can’t seem to find any that can charge at anywhere close to the 15A mark. Is it possible to split the pack in half and charge 5s X2?

Thanks.

You could get a 6A charger, charging at max rate is bad for the lifetime of the cells

1 Like

15a for a 10p battery isn’t close to the max though? :thinking:

Isn’t it determined by how many cells are in parallel, so 4(a) (max charge rate) x 10 (cells in parallel) for 40a max?

15a seems reasonable, if not kinda slow

2 Likes

I normally think of the 0.5C rating for charging, so 8A but high amp 42v seems rare

2 Likes

Hi

Need some advice. Want to build 10s3p with 30q cells. As u see on pic, i will use smart bms 60A and n.e.s.e modules. Question, that kind of setup will be good from temperature/safety point?

Trying figure out before jumping to make enclosure.
Or i should focus on totaly flat package?

1 Like

I haven’t looked into it much but if you want a high amp charge rate it may be easier to run dual port with parallel chargers. But certain precautions need to be taken to make sure it works properly. I’ve seen it on scooters but not skateboards yet

1 Like