The battery builders club

Sounds like something might be off then with the hardware, I dont think the PC programer would change anything. One idea to bypass it; you could put the switch in series with one of the thermistors, so whenever the switch is off it puts it into temp fault protection.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe…
Damn that’s actually a pretty great idea :smiley:
Weird but it would work ^^

If I try that I’ll get back to u

2 Likes

Pretty sure if you do that it wont charge unless it is switched on (which is not a big deal probably). The resistance of the switch might also throw off the temp readings of the thermistor (which might be a big deal). Give it a go for science!

Does anyone want to try fixing a Sunkko 709a?

10S8P lipo pack 35AH @ 35A for around $150

only 15 lbs… lol

2 Likes

Putting that together would be such a headache :scream:

2 Likes

I broke mine and gave it to Jansen for back up parts if his ever breaks.

It started doing extra pulses when warm and then stopped working. What’s urs doing?

Nothing…

1 Like

It was being bitchy and trying to double weld all the time, then it just gave up. It will make a good weld before I have to unplug it from the wall and wait for at least 45 seconds before starting it back up, only for it to make a single weld

I removed the cover to take a look at the inside and no obvious signs, and the temp gun says everything is still cool

Typical sunkko, same thing here.

It was back at the start when I’d go really slow too.

1 Like

I mean it was second hand, many welds in so I’m not disappointed, just sad

This would be awesome for a super long, super low MakerX cruiser board

1 Like

Alright she’s wired up!!! Now I just need to glue down the nese tabs.

3 Likes

I am a bit confused lol, what is the goal here?

3 Likes

oh battery hookup… I love you too.

Someone should use this code lol.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Although I think it isn’t a big deal for me.

@Skyart Im trying a different approach to building a battery.
I had an idea and went with it.
Hopefully it works out, might change the way some eskate batteries are made if it works properly.
The goal Is airline friendly battery modules that can pop in and out of the enclosure without taking anything apart or unwiring anything. Other than removing the enclosure.

1 Like

was explained a few posts up.

1 Like

so this will be my 10s3p pack, i made it in fusion 360 so you can see it
What would be the best way to insulate the left part from the right part?

2 Likes

Thin sheet of plastic. Those dollar store cutting board mats are popular for this.

5 Likes