The battery builders club

I got a bunch of them, if you buy the big one it comes as a 10s2p battery, all you gotta do is remove the housing and replace the BMS

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that one, I just donā€™t like the triple stacking of the batteries. With the smaller pack, they are in 5S1P packs that I can connect together.

How do yours perform?

Havenā€™t been in use yet, still chilling in a drawer until my friend is willing to put in the time and effort to fix it. His shitty board isnā€™t looking so hot anymore and the battery (a 10s1p from a Blitzart that he LITERALLY FOLDED IN HALF MIND YOU) is toastā€¦about 3 miles per charge now. I was gonna use these to make a battery for a old hub board but I got a different battery for that one

He wrapped it in duct tape and then put it on a bunch of boltsā€¦you can see scratches on the now exposed cellsā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ha, nice. Yeah, I was thinking that these could be good for a budget hub build. Iā€™m gonna buy the LiFePO4 pack from them so thought I might as well tack on these 18650 ones as well.

1 Like

Time for some balance leads and shirkwrap and that will be it fills!
Pack will be in a U shape that way it will be easier to manage wires in the integrated deck that it is going into
Also will insulate that main battery possible lead from all thos battery terminals using some fiberglass insulation @Halbj613

3 Likes

7 Likes

Dude what gauge are those balance wires? :flushed: thatā€™s hardcore :rofl:

14 Likes

Lol 18šŸ˜… all I had

4 Likes

Alright! She is done!
12s2p hg6 cells
60amp max
Fused charge port
And bms by @Halbj613

7 Likes

Oof that means I gotta make my 10s3p :sweat_smile:

Those balance wires have more total current capacity than the whole pack :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes, and even then I would not recommend maxing these cells like that. Realistically this is a 30-40amp battery I would say 30 continues to be on the safe side

Whatcha rate a 3p 40T pack for? I think Iā€™ll ā€˜fuseā€™ the cells and run everything via 10awg and a bullet

What bullet size would you rate for said 3p 40T? I got 3.5, 4.0, and 5.5

And does anyone in the US have about a dozen single pin connectors they will sell me? Each only has to carry balance currents

1 Like

I would use 5.5 mainly because itā€™s easier to work with

Whatā€™s the cell rating for 40t? I dont remember is it 30? 0r 40?

Actually I donā€™t think 10 awg fits in a 4.0mm bullet anyways now that I think of it

They claim 35A continuous, and itā€™s a single layer flat pack so heat dissipation wonā€™t be awful. Supposedly thatā€™s 105A but itā€™s running NeoHubs so it couldnā€™t pull more than 80A at full throttle anyways

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be running my 3p 30t pack above 35a batt max per vesc if that helps :man_shrugging:t2:

I need that minimized-sag experience

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably run the battery and motor at 30/-12 and 40/-24 for now

1 Like

But seriously, whose got single pin connectors? Or at least a source for them?

(Making modular p-packs since I might move the guts of this board)

1 Like

Yeah I would say dont run it higher then 80 amps

1 Like