The battery builders club

Just (almost) finished this 10S4P🙂

3 Likes

I would appreciate some feedback for this diagram:
(wiring and materials)

I am also curious if you add solder between the nickel and busbar?

From the bottom to the top:(velcro+fishpaper+battery+fishpaper+busbar+nickel+solder+fishpaper and in shrinkwrap) will I be able to fit 30Qs or VTC6s in the 22,5mm Haya with that, I hope so…
Is there an update regarding batteries? Or is it still VTC6 performance 30Q longevity?

Have nice day,
Jonas
:blush:

So this nickel as been soaked in salty water for about 36 hours and was then left to dry for like 2 hours. This must be pure right? I see no rust, but maybe it has to be soaked for a longer period than that. Also I do not know how to identify rust on nickel strips.

Looks good to me :+1:

2 Likes

Me in action :grin:

2 Likes

Looks good to me as well, hopefully its not stainless steel but nickel haha :smiley:
Anyways it should be noticeable while welding

1 Like

Do theses solder joints look ok or do I need more heat? I’ve got a bunch of the to do so I want to make sure I’m getting this right.

Thanks!

1 Like

they look a little on the cold side but if they pass the pull test then should be ok.

5 Likes

BlacK looks okay, can’t see red due to flux residue. I think you should get the wire closer to the nickel though. Solder is actually not a great conductor. Get the copper in good contact with the nickel.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll make sure the wire has good contact with the nickel and I’ll cleanup the flux residue.

1 Like

Just recently found this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000425306829.html

It seems that the GPS module can be connected to Smart BMS. As long as the stolen skateboard battery is alive, you may be able to track it. :sunglasses:
However, it is unknown whether it can be used outside China. Already tried someone?

9 Likes

Anyone have a recommendation for a 14s BMS?

I am building a battery for my roommate’s ebike and he ordered one of the smartBMS’s directly from lithiumbatterypcb.com. Only problem, he ordered it riiiight before the quarantines started and has heard nothing back from them since. Now he is itching to finish this build, and wants to order something that will actually ship/arrive in a reasonable time. He’s looking for:

-14s with cell balancing (whats the point of a BMS without it?)
-60A discharge capable (not required, I will bypass if necessary)
-US stock/seller that will provide a tracking number :joy:
-bluetooth/smartBMS if possible, but not required
-less than the $60 that he spent on the smartBMS.

Does anyone have any links to something that fits any of these criteria? Or does anyone happen to have a 14s BMS lying around that you could sell me?

Thanks!

Same :joy:

1 Like

Looks like a standard chinese vehicle tracker
You can add these to any esk8 if you a 12v buck\bec. They are cheap often >$10.
Catch is they are not super accurate
You geo data isnt secure
Some rely on gsm data (my country turned off our gsm 2G network years ago.) While others dont use data you send a sms to the sims no and it replys with log and latitude coordinates. I would need a 4G version of this and they are 8x the price.

#Aliexpress AU $7.99 56%OFF | Mini Waterproof GSM GPS tracker Car motorcycle Tow away move alarm vehicle ACC monitor cut off oil real time tracking software
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZCxcP9

10S 11S 12S 13S 14S 15S 36V 48V 58.8V 60V smart BMS with Bluetooth function UART communication 20A to 60A constant current – LLT POWER ELECTRONIC

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m wondering if I have painted myself into a corner here. When do you all add the heat shrink to a flex build like this?

I thought about wrapping each p group and then trying to poke or melt holes in the shrink to solder my series wires but that seemed like a PITA.

All advice appreciated.

2 Likes

Insulate with fish paper / harness tape and use heatshrink to hold everything together at the end

2 Likes

Time for the fishpaper and silicone(again)

12 Likes

Trying to do the tour de france on that pack or am I missing something?

That’s a normal (although decently) sized pack for an MTB.

8 Likes