The battery builders club

Big BMS…

I’d get a D140 for charge only or route the balance leads to something like this and balance charge manually.

Or just make it all fit. Is that a single stack enclosure?

Double stack, yeah deffinetly a really good way to go with that 12 pin connector. Wonder if I can find one on amazon lol

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Aviation-Bulkhead-Current-Voltage/dp/B07B7N7XGL/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

I’d use this guy. Believe me when I say you want the screw on cover over the rubber press on cover for this application

13 pins for 12S balance, and four extra. Use those extra four to tie in charging as well - if you want to be able to charge 15A (lol) use 2 pins per polarity. Else, you still have 2 pins spare for future bullshit.

Soldering this is a lil tricky. Solder paste may be the best idea. Also - you don’t want to use heatshrink. Too tight if you need to bend all wires a certain way. Just pot it in epoxy or liquid e-tape - minimal amount needed to get to top of cup terminals

3 Likes

I did the fold over method like yours so let’s hope it doesn’t catch fire later.

2 Likes

Let’s hope!! Going to try and finish this thing tonight!

1 Like

Two pieces of aluminum plated sheet metal,

BSM unity sandwich

14 Likes

Not gonna lie now I saw what you did I kind of regret what I said :joy:

I thought you were going to use like a 1/8" aluminum panel not sheets.

2 Likes

Lol, this should work!

1 Like

Do you have a wiring diagram for this BMS? Is it just like any other bms? I’m going to wire it for discharge, its 100A I don’t see myself pulling even that

1 Like

It looks too tall

4 Likes

You sure it’s 100A? Data sheet says 80A now that I looked

That does look too tall too. Looks like you might have to do D140 charge only :joy:

3 Likes

Expensive raychem polyoefin heatshrink…

1 Like

It’s a tad tall, I can lower it, I am so tired or waiting for parts lol! Going to make this work. And eventually swap this bms out for the flexi when that comes out

1 Like

Also yeah, just looked on package, it is 80 amps! That’s still plenty in my opinion. The reason for this giant pack is range

1 Like

Speaking of waiting on parts, I feel the need to tell someone that my order from Flipsky on the 15th was delivered today (17th). 2 days from Hong Kong to Los Angeles. DHL did NOT fuck around with that package.

10 Likes

Daaaaaaang!!! That’s quick!

2 Likes

Love the sandwhich.
It’s gonna be annoying to assemble, but you should replace the buts with nylon lock nuts and red Loctite the assemble.

2 Likes

I used blue loctite, you think will hold? Also going to be riding pneumatics, so a bit less vibration

It might :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit: there’s a lot of full voltage short potential if that cage gets loose. Feel co Gide this about it. I wouldn’t trust Loctite honestly, I’d use mechanical nuts and cut nylon spacers

2 Likes

Yes blue loctite will hold for that. I feel like some people here put their boards in the paint shaker at home depot for 6 hours a day to require as much red loctite as I see around here :joy:

3 Likes