The battery builders club

Yea it’s called Philly roads :rofl:

4 Likes

Anyone got a good source for 12mm wide nickel in the states? I can find up to 10 on Amazon, but 12, is like nowhere!

How thick and how much do you need?

2 Likes

Currently non-existent on U.S. Amazon in thicknesses less than 0.3mm - 0.3mm being too big for our welders IIRC

1 Like

Anywhere between 1mm and 2mm probbaly 20 feet or so

I have a spool of 15mm x 0.2

3 Likes

What is your opinion on Sanyo 20700B?

I remember they were advertised as cells with 1000+ cycle life, is that right?

If you could get them at the same price as Samsung 40T, which one would you choose for 12s8p configuration and why?

1 Like

at 8P you aren’t going to be drawing very much current, higher capacity cells are good unless you need maximum amps (you prob don’t)

1 Like

I decided to go back to basics and 50 q30 just arived but I’m stumped if I do a 12s4p or 10s5p

not looking for massive speed don’t ride much past 25mph to scary

Hummydeck
No BMS (untill flex BMS is available DieBieMS was DOA so waiting for it to be repaired but now it’s looking its to big any way.

Thinking 6396 140kv motors
12s
16-40 pully

Or 170KV
10s
15-44

Spares I have
12 15 16 motor pullys
36 40 44 wheel pullys kegel and abec
2 VESC 6+ or unity
SR RKP+ mount and moon CF Plate with cross bar

Need

motor thinking maytech 6396
Adjustable SR Baseplates (so hard to fined for RKP)
Backup plan 3D services precision hanger 240 with adjustable bassplate will also need motor mount

For reference I have a 10s 3p 25r cells 12-36 on 80mm kegel on VESC 6 + dule 6355 was 190kv now on 170 tops out 24mph and I want more aceliration I flore it from a stand still most of the time iv played with settings and aceliration curves/delay, gear ratio and it’s at its limits so time to start from scratch

• 12s4p
  • 10s5p

0 voters

They fit.

This is a 12s7p with plenty of space for 8p

7 Likes

Good for big packs

That’s why Kaly and lacroix use them

2 Likes

He will need all the amps :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I need to re loctite 243 my screws every week or so…

Waiting for that red loctite so finally they dont come out

2 Likes

One maybe stupid question: When I charge the last P group is already reaching 4.2V when the others aren’t (4.16V-4.17V). When I disconnect the charger, wait a bit and check every group the whole battery is balanced (differences are within 0,01V region). After discharge (70A+) its still balanced.
My questions: Is this normal, what could be the reason? Does it even affect anything since the battery should stop gaining voltage when its full?

2 Likes

That’s not normal, where are you measuring voltage? Sounds like you have a battery resistance issue somewhere in that last group

2 Likes

Measuring on the balance ports. I’ll try to do that directly on the battery next charge.

1 Like

If you want a big cycle life, this may be if interest

Amazing job by docware to test a bunch of cells and openly share the data

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103092

4 Likes

Are they 18650s? 12s8p is tiggggghhhht. You might be able to fit a BMS in the vesc side of the box, but you cable management would need to be spot on. I added a balance port so the customer could charge with his 12s balance charger

7 Likes

they are not.
LG HG6 20650’s. 72 cells for a 12s6p should fit…
No BMS planned, but maybe if there is enough space…

3 Likes

Good luck! Make sure you post your progress!

5 Likes