The battery builders club

They look good. Sometimes I have to put a LOT of pressure on it to get it to click in. The only ones that were loose for me were when I softened the plastic part by mistake when soldering.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the point? This is one of the easiest things to do.

1 Like

I was trying to ironically point out that they are sold as loop keys but they arenā€™t real loop keys.

3 Likes

Weak. 2/10. Please try harder next time.

I think @stan wanted to point out that they are sold as loop keys but they are not even xt90S (anti spark), just regular xt90 - and that loop key is useless

4 Likes

Some people dont enjoy soldering :wink:

2 Likes

Soldering is for nerds

3 Likes

Itā€™s easy and fast. And your fingers get hot in the meantime. :smirk:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Anyone try these yet?

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting for this one

right now, it took longer because of Corona but its on its way now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Get that wire outside of the shrink asap

They are all passive, same as your bms
All are dumping energy in to heat not transferring to other p groups

? whatā€™s wrong with it?

If the insulation gets puncured you will have a huge short

1 Like

Oh, you mean take the wire out of the PVC shrink. Yeah that could help a bit I suppose. Thereā€™s more insulation than in that picture though. That pack is due for a checkup soon actually, been a few months, Iā€™ll see how well the current insulation inside is doing.

1 Like

I just use it external and take care :slight_smile: According to specs it IS active since it uses the supercapacitor for transferring power from one cell to another.

1 Like

Maybe a dumb question, but I got some fishpaper from amazon and itā€™s not adhesiveā€¦should I be looking for adhesive fish paper specifically? Or is there some sort of glue that we all use on this stuff?

3 Likes

There are a few adhesive options on Amazon. Some of them arenā€™t super strong adhesive, so I just use a bit of kapton tape on the edges to stop peeling.

1 Like

145P Tags Adhesive Backed Fishā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICBG46C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

18650 Battery Pack Insulatorā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNKPFLR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes