The battery builders club

My friend needed an affordable 7S4P pack for a low power scooter rebuild. Rather than glue packs together, I will assemble with two holders, then glue (acetic acid free silicone) and tape the final package. Drawings are not final - I need to add flat tires ends for the positive and negative mounting tabs. The holders are large enough to fit cells in fish paper.

This pack is designed around 20A maximum output and will be fused for 30A as cutoff is not a safety issue as with eskate.

4 Likes

Where can I get PCB’s for 30Q in a 5p configuration?

1 Like

@eLDoska and @thisguyhere (http://esk8life.com/) sell them. First from russia, second from the states. Choose whichever is closest to you I guess.

1 Like

3 Likes

Does the battery need to flex Raf?

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me it this. I will try to build a 10s4p battery on this. I thing it might take a week to print the parts.

1 Like

Send some pics through once it’s done!

I just ordered 25mm strips from ebay it arrived angew days ago. Do you need a link?

Did you scratch test them (now or previous) for purity? I could use the link.

Links or it didnt happen. Also curious if you brine tested.

1 Like

LiTech takes ~2wks shipped to US. Just got mine

I did. I will go check and see if it rusted in a couple hours. I put it in a cup of salt water a few days ago and forgot about it lol.

1 Like

So it looks like the nickel passed the salt wayer test. It was in there for a few days.

Ofcourse I go look to find a link and his listing isnt up anymore… heres a pick of what I ordered… the accounts name who sold it is (bicycle_motor_works)

I order a bunch from aliexpress 2 months ago and still waiting lol I dont think it’s coming so I ordered this.

1 Like

Hey guy I really really like really need some help since this is my 3rd try… I used a wrong diagram form the carger output and beeing dumb by not using my multimeter and check. Because of this I broke 2 chargers and 1 bms… So am I correct in saying that the + from the charger goes to the + from the last cell and the - from the charger goes to the bms p- ?

1 Like

Dude.
did you figure out a model that balances for sure?

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean. Haven’t had a chance to set up my enclosure’s internals yet, but I assume it’ll work like any other BMS. It’s a fairly common model for esk8 AFAIK

Need to flex may be too strong of a statement.
I am going to mount this on my DB Coreflex Deck, in a Backfire X1 Ranger Battery enclosure.
That is the plan anyway.
The deck does flex, but I don’t think there is that significant of flex in the front portion of the deck where the enclosure will go.

2 Likes

which model exactly did you get? apparently the one I had picked out, does not actually balance the P groups while charging, or there was some confusion if it does or not…

1 Like

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D140LI12S15A-05.html

1 Like

Oh yeah, I think you are good with the D140.
@glyphiks look they actually have data on the balance info for this one

Balance Balance voltage for single cell 4.2V±0.025V
Balance current for single cell 84mA±10mA
2 Likes