The battery builders club

200watts

… nvm, I stand corrected.

Still, it needs extra cooling if over 200ish watts.

Umm, I think conservation of energy is the Kinetic and potential energy equation, but I think they are basically trying to say, “mind your watts”.

2 Likes

No I think they mean keep an eye on the weight of your battery pack, as possible fission reaction can greatly increase energy output and fry the discharge unit.

1 Like

Ohh I hope this gets here quickly and that it is the real deal…

This seems quite expensive… Fogstar sells 0.15 x 25mm pure nickel for 1,80 usd/m

1 Like

Got a Link? I may be searching on the wrong place…

1 Like

You will have to email them. Maybe shipping from UK to States will kill the great price. All I wanted to say is that you can find nickel much cheaper.
I can sell you some at fogstar prices and send it as letter - I think it will still be much cheaper than from aliexpress

2 Likes

I’m struggling with finding it today. A couple weeks ago I had seen smaller lenghts on eBay that would have been convenient for me. Today no luck on eBay or Amazon for 25mm wide strips…

I am not trusting ebay as much as aliexpress. Always had good experiences buying nickel from Ali, but you have to find it at acceptable price. 1kg under 60$ is acceptable price. 5m of 0.15x25mm is not even 0.2kg

2 Likes

Quick question:
I built a basic 10s3p 30Q for @Skunk and need to ship it to him.
How do I go about that easiest?
UPS ground and just slap a UN3480 on there?

3 Likes

I think, you’re right.

Have you done it though ?
dont wanna be fined lol

1 Like

@thisguyhere

@M.Hboards

1 Like

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/pack_ship_batteries.pdf

2 Likes

Yeah I read this. It basically states that anything over 100Wh requires special hazmat permission and documentation

1 Like

Guess I’ve been breaking the law this whole time.

USPS priority with un3480 stickers

4 Likes

I use usps retail ground with this sticker-

4 Likes

Anyone successfully built a pack with these? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3574040

1 Like

Yeah a few people have used the @Winfly modules :+1:

3 Likes

Ok. That’s good because it’s a USPS Flatrate Box rn

2 Likes