The battery builders club

4 Likes

So if I have a 30amp BMS I can use 16awg?

1 Like

Should be okay

2 Likes

Almost forgot about this.

I love this thing! It’s nice and compact, easy to carry in my backpack if I know I’ll need to charge. The fan is barely noticeable and according to the LLT app (maybe inaccurate?) it’s actually charging at close to 11 amps rather than the advertised 10.

2 Likes

It has a built in slot for a fuse, right?

I’ve found that those bms aren’t always entirely accurate when it comes to that charge current reading.

3 Likes

Yeah, they’ve got an easily replaceable fuse.

Nah. To get Nickel to corrode you’d need some very spicy stuff.

1 Like

Good to know. What about the solder joints themself?

Depends on what solder you were using, but both tin and led have very good corrosion resistance. Corrosive flux usually only hurts your soldering iron. It’s another story if something got onto the cell cans though, those are usually made from steel.

Do I need to run an anti spark or anything? Starting to get lost in the build haha. I feel like I know what’s going on and all of a sudden I no longer know what’s going on.

20amp fuse from positive charge to positive on the battery.

Negative charge port to C- on BMS.

Negative battery to B- on BMS.

Am I missing anything?

Looks great. Now to change and get that first balance charge baked in.

1 Like

Should first charge be to 100%?

Ya, top balancing is the only reliable way to do it. Just plug it in and monitor it. Depending on your current balance delta it may take a day or 5 to get there.

Should I be charging it now? Or wait until I’ve figured out Vesc tool and everything else?

Dealers choice. It doesn’t hurt anything to do it now vs after. It just takes some time you can spend now or later ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

If I’m running 18s6p my Ah would be 13.2 for normal? And 10.5 for cycle?

1 Like

Yup, i get dumb and use hundredths (10.56) just because i can though it won’t have any real impact on anything

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much

1 Like

Should I be changing any of this?