The battery builders club

Wait I think I screwed up my ah. I’m using p42a and it’s 6p, so wouldn’t that be 4000mah, 4x6=24?
24 reg
19.2 cycle?

This is a matter of preference, but i like to take the over voltage settings down about .3 to .5 %. So my cell over voltage would be 4.2 and release at 4.17. I have read that it helps reduce the stress on your pack and possibly increase the cycle life BUT I haven’t personally tested this or gone through other people’s testing results - it just ticks a box for me and seems like good logic. My real world experience is that I lose 3-4% of my estimated range capacity when i do this. I don’t mess with the low end because it’s controlled via the vesc with bms output bypassing and is just for fault reporting in my setup.

The other thing I do in the bms is set the balance delta, default is .01 and I leave this for the first balance then bump it up to .03v afterwards. All my packs have stayed very well balanced throughout the discharge cycle at this delta and barely ever go into balance mode on a charge for long enough that i have a chance to see it happen. Just good advice i got on here so im passing it along :laughing:

Thats the math i use.

My normal capacity keeps going to 30 after I set it

Never mind, figures it out

Imma need help, I have built my 18s2p spim08hp for my mini bike wired the ANT bms and everything. short the red and black wires like it says to power on, but when I try to pair it with my phone it doesn’t work, tried using multiple apps none of them seem to work, I tried with the LLT app it shows on the connectable devices but when connecting it also doesn’t work and shows a message " get devices into fail, please retry :-2 "

1 Like

I did my first strips last night, how much length is required for the fold, ive left 20mm but that seems excessive.

1 Like

Really as much as you want. As long as you have enough room for series connections, it doesn’t matter too much.

4 Likes

This happens frequently with the LLT app. I have to often reconnect several times to get the bms to connect to the app and sometimes have to use the reset button and/or close the app, wait for 20 secs and start it up again. It’s not a great interface but it does work with some patience…

1 Like

Wish me luck

fuck dyson

2 Likes

Oh man good luck. I have one these and dread the battery kicking the bucket at 150 to replace. Let us know what you find!

This is a cheap replacement pack which was suspected dead, but apparently the chinese manufacturer took some liberties while implementing the error codes. Which means they don’t mean anything at all. The charger is the prime suspect now, as the pack charges just fine with my bench charger.

This isn’t my vacuum btw, I hate the battery powered fad that’s going on right now. Mine is still wallpowered and as long as I can keep it alive that won’t change. Putting batteries in things that can easily be powered by an regular outlet is just the dumbest thing. (Probably not the right thread to say that lol)

1 Like

Idk what model you have, but this is a V6 pack and the cells seem to be easily replaceable. There are also kits with BMS’s out there, so yeah, there are a lot of options besides buying an overpriced pos from Dyson.

1 Like

I have V15 I’ve seen some 3rd party adaptors and packs as well. I think the V1X all share similar or the same packs Idk about the VX packs.

1 Like

yeah, unfortunately hasn’t worked with over 30 tries on 2 different phones same thing, I think I might have got the wrong wiring diagram so imma try to rewire it “properly” when I have enough time for it lol

Getting more confused after asking LLT for clarification on wiring the bms for controlling discharge.

My assumption was to make B- connection to the BMS - then in the other available B- hole, I run wire from that to the main discharge lead (xt90)?

The diagrams i was sent is showing C- being wired to the XT90

Any help is appreciated, im also half awake. (I need the BMS to control discharge. NOT bypassed like i am normally used to doing

Well sounds like you are trying to have a discharge bypassed output for vesc power?
That wire should go straight from the battery to vesc, not from battery to bms then back to vesc.

this bms is for a battery that does 60A from the BMS. its not a bypassed build like im used to doing

First charge after building this board. I did about 5 miles before the charge. This seems bad to me, idk what exactly I’m doing though. When people talk about balancing a battery, that just means to charge it fully or no? I just let it charge until the charger turned off which is now. Send help

With the LLT/ANT bms, there are two ways that the bms works to “balance” your pack which is essentially draining energy off of the groups that are sitting at a higher state of charge (SOC) to reduce the delta, or difference in SOC between the highest and lowest group.

The first way is during a charge which starts once your cells/battery reach a certain SOC. The default us usually 4.15v per cell. The bms then starts bleeding energy off of the cells that are at the highest SOC in an effort to allow the other cells to catch up.

The second way this bms works to balance cells is via ‘static’ balancing which can be turned on in the app. Certain android versions of the app don’t have this functionality so if you’re on that platform, you need more than one version. This balance function bleeds higher cells when the battery is not charging and can be very useful if you find yourself way out of balance. Caution here though- if you set you delta too low (default is 0.02v) and forget to turn this off, it will continue in perpetuity.

Your delta is presently 0.026v which is absolutely fine. There are varying opinions on how much delta is acceptable but imo, I try to keep my cells within 0.05v of each other where possible for good health. Anything below 0.1v is acceptable by most standards.

Post your params bc there are a few you should tweak.

1 Like