The battery builders club

Okay so they are definitely not the same charge anymore, every 2s2p modules gives me another charge.

I want to avoid charging every single cell because I don’t have a charger for that.

What more information can I give you to help me out? :pray:t3:

List the voltage of each group and we’ll see what can be done.

What charger(s) do you have?

“Siri, play suspenseful music from the scene in Raiders of the lost ark where India Jones swaps an gold idol for a dummy weight”

First balance lead connection to a bestek ds140. (First one popped).

Spotwelding and a 10a fuse between two xt30s. Charging close to 50v at 10a for 5 minutes.

2 Likes

steadily heading towards punching the button on a K-Weld and I see most people cut their own Nickel strips, are ladder strips like Nickel Strip Ladder 2P 3P 5p 6p Pure Nickel 0.2mm for 18650 Lithium-ion – Battery Physics not much chop or is it an expense thing?

does the vesc bluetooth thingy show battery volts?

The ladder strips have been used with success but we long-ago moved to solid nickel as this has much better current capacity. 25 or 30mm wide is the standard here.

My vote, however, will always be pre-cut nickel such as that offered by Duck Battery Systems, Mboards etc… they make life much easier. Unless you have unique needs that wouldn’t be met by the pre-cut tabs, I’d go with that. Having built batteries a variety of ways, the cut tabs save a fuckload of time and energy and weld easily.

3 Likes

Yeah those are certainly the most convenient, unless you are building brick packs. I have 30mm nickel for that

1 Like

For me it’s half lower trust in purity of ladder type nickel. Majority of buyers gotta be e-bike or off grid people, they probably won’t find out in practice that they have some fake strip bc lower currents, lower vibrations. That’s my theory. I’ve seen several fakes of die cut stuff.

I feel like the flexibility of having a wide uncut sheet.

Get the kweld. Print a good case. Don’t sharpen the probe tips. It’s great.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I barely sharpen mine either

*don’t sharpen the beryllium copper probe tips for the kweld.

I sand mine with fine sand paper or steel wool (depends which I can find that day) to get the oxides and deposits off but I don’t sharpen them either, I try to rotate the tips as I’m welding so it has an even wear pattern and it’s been behaving

Thay don’t carry many amps compared to the 0.2mm sheets we use. All depends how you build the pack to the series connections CSA of nickel and your intended ampage draw.

Having the probes on opasit sides of the slit dose create a better weld. So way up the pos and neg depending on what spec you pack is to be used for

Any one got recommendations for 0.2mm pre cut nickel in uk? Always end up with the corner chomper bits in my foot.

1 Like

They put Lifepo4 in the title but no way to actually use that fairly sure.

Hey guys,

Do you know what the equivalent lipo combo would be to a 10s2p p42a liion battery?

Depends by what stats you want
a moli p42A in 2P 10s is a

8.2Ah
7.3C (60A continues discharge)
42v

So 4 of these in a 2s2p on paper would do
10Ah
30c (300A continuous discharge)
42V

but lipo pouch buttrys stats for discharge and capacity are just ludicrously overrated. As well as have a shorter life span

Awesome thanks!

Is there any other good shop for lipos in Europe?

:eyes: he looks concerned tbh