The battery builders club

ok but holding two probes, both at the right pressure and placement, is a bit extra difficult for me, as I have lingering nerve damage in my left arm and wrist (radial nerve from humerus and broken wrist) from a couple esk8 accidents.

plus, I clipped the tapered points off the stock probes to get them into clamps to attach to the china probe handle thing

I can almost guarantee its harder to get consistent pressure across both probes with those stupid holders.

You donā€™t need a huge amount of pressure. Just solid contact.

1 Like

from what Iā€™ve gathered the best teq is to push down hard, let up slightly but maintain full contact and then weld.

and I canā€™t seem to figure whatā€™s better, sharp probes or flat probes?

Sharp is much gooder

16 Likes

A second lipo wonā€™t hurt (more power more better, shorter welding times). You could double up the wires going to the maletrics and have two XT90s rather than trying to make a Y splitter.

I agree with glyphiks that the spring-loaded holders can cause a lot of problems. Try it without, Iā€™ll bet there will be a noticeable improvement.

2 Likes

There was an attempt.

4 Likes

@ducktaperules may know a thing or two that can help you with this

3 Likes

The trick is to find them fully working in the trash, trust me.

1 Like

This vacuuming adventure sucks. Itā€™s over.

It did get weird for a bit.

1 Like

Bullshit.

Pedal mode is superior. Donā€™t @ me.

:sunglasses::pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

I agree.
With a pedal you get the warm, fuzzy feeling of being a sweatshop child sewing Nike shoes :ok_hand:

1 Like

I know thing or 2 about these so if you have any questions drop me a pm

2 Likes

Everything look ok here for a 10s5p Sanyo NCR18650GA pack? First time using a smart BMS so I wanted to make sure I got this right.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a big boi pack. May i ask why did it go from two wires per series to three for the ones on the left?

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s an odd choice for sure. Someone told me I should do 3x12awg series connections so i did that but then ran out of wire so I switched to 2x 10awg.

3x12awg is pretty hardcore, i generally only use 2

I have a pack with 3x10AWG, just for the hell of it. :smirk:

Lol yeah i did that once too. Seems to perform exactly the same as any other 12s8p iā€™ve made :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t get why we would need 3x12AWG or even 3x10AWG for the series connections, but than route out the main positive and negative on 1x 10AWG :man_shrugging: :nerd_face:
Even distributed load could be an argument for that, but could be achieved with smaller diameter wires as well.

2 Likes