The battery builders club

yeah I agree, but how do you deal with balancing on something like the the HCX-D729V1. I guess they are working by just cutting off the charge when the frist p-group gets to the max-voltage. so in time your battery will get out of wack and you will loose capacity and might see problems with over discharge, if you don’t have the min-voltage cut off set very high on the Vesc? or am I missing something?

I’m just scared of digging through mean well stuff, it’s like trying to find a SMT resistor you just dropped on the floor.

I use meanwell HLG series. I connect them strait to BMS or PCM. The A models have trimpot to adjust voltage and current.
PCMs work by bleeding cells. Usually they are electronically preset to 4.3V. When a cell reaches that it cuts off the charger through mosfets and starts bleeding high cell. Then it kicks back in and repeats process untill all cells are equal. Low voltage protection is the same. Power os cut off through mosfets if at least on cell reaches preset voltage.
What i do is i connect all lights and accessories to BMS/PCM output (P-) as well as small spst relay (coil positive to battery + and negative to pcm P-) then controller ignition or activation wire to that relay control. When cell reaches low voltage, supply to relay coil is disconnected and controller ignition switches off.

I dont know where you are but our electronics retailers have them so they are not rare if you are asking about chargers. PCMs are from china only and bestech is 2 units minimum.

Yes the meanwell charger. I am in Washington state.

They are US brand so you should have no problems finding it. I am across the pond in EU

Oh ok thanks

Look ar mouser or similar

O yeah I have actually been eyeing those chargers before.
I know that the regular PCMs works that way. but the HCX-D729V1 doesn’t seem the work that way, at least it has “/” on the balancing part of the chart:
http://www.bestekpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/BMS-D729V1.html

1 Like

4.With cell balance/equilibrium function;
You just need to iquire with them to confirm

That is so tricky …
It reminds me doing this in a GX connector with 12 pins for external bms … boooooorring

2 Likes

All the links are the EU site but that have US Site aswell

1 Like

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for.

Hey @pjotr47, did you get a confirmed answer yet?

Nothing yet

1 Like

Wonder if and one hear can help

1 Like

Is there such a module that plugs into your balance wires and it’s only function is to transmit cell voltages via bluetooth?

3 Likes

ahh man…that would be sweet.

1 Like

I figure it would be a pretty tiny module… and as i would really love to eradicate BMSs from my life, almost necessary.

2 Likes

I feel you, brotha…:v:
Seen BMS’s kill more batteries than anything else

1 Like

Probably because on the forum the lower priced ones from china are seen only.

Im sure if we were using bmss like neptune 15 or some simmilar ones there would be far less problems

4 Likes