Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I can answer the second question: Yes, the length of wire matters very much. The point of adding capacitance is to counteract the inductance of long wires. If you add long wires to your capacitors, you’re removing the only beneficial effect the capacitors have.

Even a couple inches can affect things in high-ripple situations.

5 Likes

I just finished a diy build and went out for a test ride and when i pushed on the accelerator, it felt like nothing happend. Then i pushed to full throttle, i saw it was speeding up a little but felt like there was no torque at all. My build has a focbox unity, metroboard 10s8p battery, backfire g2t hub motors, and flipsky vx1 remote. I assume something is wrong because even my backfire g2t stock has way more torque although its a low power hub board. Any idea why theres almost no torque? I can provide the setup i have in the focbox software and a video showing it doesnt not accelerate much when i push full throttle on the remote. I dont know if u need a different software setup for hubs motors vs belt motors, so i just matched volts, amps, and remote setup to my build, i didnt change any rpm stuff or advanced remote config. Any help or suggestions please would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

Asking the obvious questions, but did you change the setup from the default? Or did you just click through it while configuring?

1 Like

You gotta give us something to work with. Pics, screenshots, verbal descriptions of the relevant settings, smoke signals, SOMTHING.

Here’s a quick rundown of the most common things that can be set wrong that might cause those symptoms:

Remote: Did you set the max. and min. signals correctly? How about deadband/midpoint?

Voltage: What do you have your low voltage cutoffs set to? They should start at ~33 and end at ~30.

Current: What is your battery current set to? Should be at least 20A. What is your motor current set to? Should be at least 30A, or the rating of your motors.

Battery: Is your battery charged? What is your battery voltage?

Loop key (if installed): Is the loop key pushed all the way in?

5 Likes

Did you calibrate your throttle on your remote?

2 Likes

Hi looking for some help on thermistors for batry temp sensors

I need a 100kOhm NTC Thermistor but know nothing about them been doing some poking around the internet and found out you can get different types disk, barel, capsular, glass bead, Thin Film

Can any one enlighten me on any good ones or things to avoid

I think this might be the easiest to install on the battry but unsure on any thing else about it

Thanks for any advise in advance

1 Like

Do u want a picture of the tool while the focbox is connected to everything? Im current running a temporary setup with the backfire esc but i remember the values i put in the focbox.
Just to answer some of ur questions for now.
Used PPM on remtoe and did calibrate.
Battery: 27 amps discharge, -8 regen
Motor current: max motor 8 amps and max brake -8 amp (i contacted backfire and they said 10 amps max per motor)
Battery is charged around 40v i think and i used power switch not loop key.

Really

You’re already not very well liked with a few of people on here and now you want to start s*** like this.

2 Likes

Bitch I’ll blind you with eagle piss and shit down your throat.

5 Likes

Speaking as a Canadian, they’re not all that bad.
Sometimes one or two individuals give them a bad rap but in my experience most Americans are good, honest folk. Just be nice with them and they’ll return the favour.

I’m honestly not a big fan of at least half of my American counterparts.
But I could probably say that about any and every country in all honesty. People in general suck.
What I don’t like is people making broad statements about an entire country. Especially on a forum such as this where we have international members from pretty much everywhere.
There’s a reason we don’t bring up Politics on here.

8 Likes

Wait, so individuals of a nation aren’t represented by others in that nation? I can be
 Myself?

Fwiw all Canadians I have ever met have been lovely folks. I take it that means you’re alright too.

4 Likes

Whoa
 It’s almost like people are unique individuals and you can’t categorize them by geography

I like to think I’m alright, at least. I just try to be honest and friendly regardless of who I’m talking to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s how I was raised. I look forward to meeting you one day, like-minded individual.

2 Likes

Likewise, maybe a ride when winter’s over! Depending where you’re located (I’m assuming US lol) we might not even be that far apart!

2 states away

Mild 11 hour drive lmao

1 Like

Yup, racial ignorance will not fly.

5 Likes

hey i have a meepo v3 under warranty and the hubs are making a high pitch squeal like a gear drive any ideas on the problem i can get a new pair of hubs free but wanted to ask you guys before i inconvinince the company

Anyone have any idea how to get fucking circlips back on?? I can get it into the groove but can’t get it bent back into place grrr

2 Likes