The battery builders club

hello what is the card called that everybody uses called?

I am lost in translation. What “card” are you talking about? Do you mean pcb?

1 Like

no the green card / paper?

1 Like

Fish paper or insulation paper
US $1.60 16%OFF | 1m 60mm to 180mm 18650 Battery Insulation Gasket Barley Paper Li-ion Pack Cell Insulating Glue Patch Electrode Insulated Pads
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3tX85DSo

2 Likes

I guess you mean barley paper
What myke said :point_up_2:

thanks

1 Like

Also keen to see the link. So far the best I’ve found are the gx connectors that I linked above. They come in a 16mm and 20mm diameter option

3 Likes

@Myke @glyphiks

Ive been meaning to incorporate this into a build thread… soon, lol

1 Like

Ahh but they are panel mount, the gx connctors are a bulkhead mount, much cleaner

3 Likes

I like the plug but it seems kind of bulky for most bottom mount enclosures. What about a rectangular 7pin connector like this. [•••••••] so it can fit on the side of the enclosure. I doubt there is one that is waterproof though.

I saw the bulkhead mounts when I was shopping, but thought these would workbetter. Forgot why lol🍺

1 Like

These seem alot cheaper and ip68 vs 67. Anyreason why this wont work?
US $2.98 | SP28 Straight waterproof connector 2 pin 3/4/5/6/7/9/10/12/14/16/19/22/24/26Pin IP68 Threaded socket
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nBRGlIXW

1 Like

Nice!
They won’t work if you are in a blind hurry to build your board’ lol :rofl:

Those ones are pretty big, 28mm diameter hole

1 Like

Makes for easier soldering? The one I used was very tricky to solder. The pins are small and close… barely room enough to get in there with the soldering tip

4 Likes

I am yet to try it, its next on my list of things to do, it looks tricky but I think it’ll be worth the work for the smaller form factor.

2 Likes

Ya I didn’t bother looking at the diameter . The pic made it look smaller.

True it takes a solid month to.get anything from ali.

2 Likes

I am using Meanwell led drivers as chargers. They are built like rock, potted. A bit on a heavy side but they are 100 fold more reliable than chinese crap chargers.
I agree that pcm’s are bulky and ugly and it is cause of the fets. I do not underatand the need to discharge through fets. Its inefficient.

3 Likes

I was looking at some of those awhile ago. Do you have a good site to buy them from?