The battery builders club

That’s weird, have you messaged them yet?

I’ve bought the 8p stuff four times and all of them had extras in the package

2 Likes

I would suggest putting some glue/silicone/double sided tape between the two long halves of the battery.

I’ve seen several staggered packs like this where the side that overlaps ends up riding up the other side.

2 Likes

I put several beads of hot glue between them, you think that’s adequate? There was one I could feel wasn’t super solid, but i took it apart and redid the glue.

1 Like

Should be ok, but it’s hard to give a definitive yes/no. Also make sure it is nicely padded between the enclosure/deck, then you should be sweet

1 Like

They haven’t gotten back to me yet. From what I’ve heard abt their customer service I’m not holding my breath though.

1 Like

It should be better now, when did you message? It is the weekend, after all

1 Like

I messaged on Friday so its understandable they haven’t gotten back to me yet

1 Like

Always good to keep tabs on how things are going with vendors - if you remember, let us know what happens

1 Like

@Battery_Mooch

should throw some mineral oil in one of those next pack fire containment tests. @TheBoardGarage

2 Likes

Great for cooling!
Not so great if there’s a fire. :scream:

2 Likes

To be transparent… When I run a battery fire bag test, the goal is to make the battery react as destructively as possible. Generally I’m trying to see what the bag can handle.

Unless I’m talking about the most recent test…which failed miserably because I got too frugal, didn’t pre-test enough, and ended up wasting tons of time and money.

So…yay.

What were we talking about again?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. :pensive:
Wishing you unbridled carnage and destruction next time! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Anyone know what this yellow plastic is called?

Looks like G10, a fiberglass/resin laminate used for circuit boards, insulators, and other electrical purposes. Often called FR-4 if it has indeed passed the flammability testing to get a FR-4 rating.

6 Likes

Thanks! looks like I can find them with the search term “Circuit insulation board”
I don’t see people on here use them but it looks like most of the Chinese packs would have them

2 Likes

This is genius. I used the 3D printed end clamps to hold them together but I’d have to print different ones for different P groups. Yours is so much more versatile.

1 Like

I use FR4 for my bigger (200+ cell) packs for non-esk8 customers. Helps keep huge packs like that rigid and uniform. I buy mine from www.eplastics.com

Though is it especially useful for using as a middle divider in packs like this:

10 Likes

How do you cut it?

You can usually score and break materials like this

1 Like

Looks pretty similar to acrylic no?