The battery builders club

Getting a battery built is ~1/2 the cost though. For someone who can’t build their own battery that is a pretty good price as it would probably cost them $400-450 to have a 12s3p built.

1 Like

Alright next question: cramming maximum juice in this eboosted switchblade enclosure.

According to eboosted

It can hold a 13S5p made of 18650 cells or a 13S4P made of 20700/21700 cells for high output current discharges.

I have a Stormcore 60D+ so 12s max: so looks like it’s 12s5p 18650 or 12s4p 21700.
Which holds more electrons using the recommended cells?

…would you recommend 12s4p p42a, 12s4p m50a or 12s5p [some 18650 don’t know]?

1 Like

Adding a cell to the p-group is not worth doing. Sell the pack you have a finance a new one from a reputable builder. You have to essentially dismantle the entire pack. Conversely, adding a whole p-group to make a 13s3p would be more manageable but still quite a bit of work.

21700 are a much more energy dense cell format. Go 12s4p. For a 4p config I’d do w Molies (P42a) or the Lishens are pretty comparable if price is an issue.

1 Like

Dis one.

3 Likes

Looks like my guy @A13XR3 might be too busy.
Any professional builders want the business and are going to the Portland thing and could get it done in time to bring it there?

EDIT: I think I got this worked out with metro-board

i have a 5 year old puffy lipo i need to discharge. Would it be unreasonable to throw it into a bucket of water w/ salt? Any way to do it without spending money on salt?

There’s no guarantee that will fully discharge before the leads corrode. Also the electrolysis process releases hydrogen and/or chlorine gas, which are explosively flammable, and irritating/toxic, respectively.

Better to use a resistor or other small load.

Do it in a fireproof location (A good sized metal bucket partly filled with sand is a nice choice).

4 Likes

Do not try to discharge a cell/pack using salt water. It is a stunningly bad practice that can often fail to discharge the cell. It can also corrode away the contacts, opening the cell and creating a toxic pile of sludge.

If you must discharge the cell/pack use a small load (bulb, whatever) in a safe, non-flammable location. Wait 24 hours after the cell/pack is discharged and then tape it up and recycle it.

12 Likes

Sufficient?

Once you wrap them in fish and then some strapping tape it’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Did you use a jig or a holder? I find getting all the cells straight when glueing is the hardest bit of pre-wedding work

I just use a simple jig made from two 1’x1’ and a couple of f clamps top and bottom. Quite easy to line them up that way.

Glue jigs are the best

8 Likes

First battery. I bought Mboards nickel and received 20 8p pieces and 6 6p pieces instead of the 25 8p pieces stated on the site so I’m kinda stuck for now. I’ve also put off ordering my deck/enclosure for too long… Anyone in the SF bay area have a spare redember 44 + eboosted enclosure or mby northcamp they’d be willing to part with lol :rofl: :upside_down_face:? @Skyart you able to save the day?
Rn the 3links are lookin pretty silly on this little monstrosity of a cnc experiment :joy:

11 Likes

Dang man just sold my last 44!!! I have a dope evo and double Stack enclosure that would fit that pack!!

I also happen to have the missing nickel you need :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny. I think i saw you had a northcamp a while back, any chance thats still kicking around? I’d totally go for the nickel, and still might end up doing that, but the prospect of connecting p groups without an enclosure in hand seems a bit unwise for someone who’s never seen the enclosure in person before. Id imagine this is also a no, but do you have just a re44 enclosure?

@BigBen may still have one for sale

I have a Jotnar, but it’s being frited for personal build, i do have a 44 enclosure But that’s also slated for build

1 Like

Here’s an interesting option:

3 Likes

I was just about to lower asking price too