The battery builders club

7 Likes

Lol yeah was kinda asking a bit much there. BAK N21700CG-50 are the cells.

1 Like

Happy early 4th of July @hummieee . With 2 single focboxes, how many lifepo a123 cells can you fit in your board with two channels?

I don’t know it’s been so long since I’ve had that deck but pretty sure 12s3p will fit
Did u get those cells from me? @Arzamenable

Enjoy my bogan Australian presentation:

1 Like

No, I forgot I had them stashed at Jansen’s. Originally from that main battery site. Battery hook up or support.

I just used search function (genius), I see the set up for 26650 two track pcb packs.

2 Likes

i find putting a plastic wedge of the right size (handle from clippers) between the groups of cells to leverage the cells apart works well and avoids shorts…

1 Like

A shim of G10 worked for me. Thanks.

Even scrap bookers didn’t want this corner die cut for scallops and double radii. It was like 90% off. $3

Maybe I can modify the die profile to “not the exact opposite of What I want”

5 Likes

omg i need one of those. Micheal’s here I come

1 Like

“Nickel for my enemies build” for sale here.

1 Like

exxtra sharp corners lol

1 Like

Vantablack is getting a big upgrade

8 Likes

Wtf :rofl: your corner chompers are drunker than me :rofl:

4 Likes

Be careful with modifying. The dies are probably case hardened & removing any material may compromise them. Probably not a big deal if they were $3 tho.

1 Like

But, like, are your flush cutters as inspirational as mine now?

Largely for the intent of making better battery packs, I want a mold to pour silicone or urethane nipper handles that say something like , “not here to fuck spiders”, “Esk8.news”, or whatever.

Obvi, they would be red.

3 Likes

I searched and couldn’t find the answer, but what spot welder settings should I use for 0.2mm pure nickel using a Sunkko 737G?

How long would you suggest my main power leads be?

1 Like

In general? As short as possible, and twisted together along their whole length. Longer wires cause inductance which can cause voltage spikes which can fry your ESC which can cause a bad day.

5 Likes

Is there a too short

1 Like