The battery builders club

I think they stopped making these.
When I bought them I realized they were a strange size. Probably why there were clearing them out

I always like looking in here since I don’t get to make more batteries so I live vicariously through you all. I want to build another board -just- so I can build the battery…

1 Like

speaking of which…the corona build that I put those cells in from so many months back is finally finished. Your cells, 13s, stromcrorore 100D, moondrives, 3DS fatboy hubs on 8X3 kenda slicks–will post some pRON soon :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Nice! You get that enclosure pretty?

1 Like

well, it’s got some imperfections but it fits like a glove and looks pretty slick. Keep your eyes peeled; secret: I’m gonna sell it :pensive:
ya boy’s broke and so is my ankle, so :tired_face:

1 Like

Here’s a good place to ask this kind of question

2 Likes

Thank you

Typically you do the main negative, the charge negative, the balance leads (negative to positive if its 1 at a time, otherwise all at once with the 11 pin connector), then all the positives

1 Like

It is a 11pin connector. So all at once. The balance leads are confusing me. Should the last pin #11 be positive ?

1 Like

And #1 cell 0v or 4.2v?

B10 and B+ are the same end, same deal with B0 and B-

Thank you! So just to be 100% sure this is correct. My balance connector reads from right to left 0v-4.2-.8.4 etc and last pin is 42v.
This is how it should be wired right?

Yes, with the negative probe on the negative of b1 and the positive probe on the positive of b10 it should be 42v

1 Like

Hey @Skyart what’s the point of the extra wire on this battery:

Appreciate it!

this place

Its there for extra current carrying capacity! So that all the current doesn’t have to squeeze through just the nickel. Keeps things running cooler.

1 Like

Pro soldering trick:
If soldering thick wires to bullets or xt90’s, pre tin the wire before taking the insulation off. That way all the tiny strands will fit in the connector ^^
(This is 8AWG)

47 Likes

Its a nifty trick, but when do you stop tinning if you can’t see it?

4 Likes

Probably the smallest drop of solder is enough, just on the end of the cable i guess

2 Likes