The battery builders club

Thanks, I got spoiled by fogstar and their 1gbp per m price, now everything seems expensive…

Should have bought 100m off them haha

2 Likes

I am almost certain that was a mistake, I have never seen it so cheap. That is like scrap value of nickel :sweat_smile:
I bought way more than I needed off a fogstar because of this. Then they ran out pretty quick. lol

2 Likes

It’s still a pretty good deal from them. I recently ordered and it came in less then a week

7 different kinds of nickel and all pure

2 Likes

from the ali seller?

i like to buy my nickel in bigger quanitites, a kilo should be up to around 40-50$ hopefully he is willing to sell like that

i can’t find this graph of nickel strips their current rating, can someone post it here?

2 Likes

ahn, wrong keywords

First welds I’ve ever done, gimme the low down and dirty folks—how these lookin?

I think a little hot? But not unreasonable for sure

P.s. you gonna leave those hot terminals bare?

1 Like

you refering to the negative terminals here? Should I rewrap them so the negative is more covered?

I think? he might be talking about the Kweld

Lol the kWeld…you got 12V about an inch apart, drop something on it and you might be in trouble

1 Like

My top case is printing for mine right now, it made me nervous using it open too haha

3 Likes

I have a piece of heat shrink but it’s ugly as sin

2 Likes

Oh lord lol

1 Like

oh yeah, totally I need a case printed for mine–I don’t have a 3D printer so if anyone wants to go through the trouble I will compensate them for filament, time and shipping =)

can I see a photo??

so I’m planning on building a pack with a bunch of salvaged cells, but they are measuring mostly 2.5-3V. I know this is really low, but can I bring the voltage back up manually with these thingies:

and then build the packs when the voltage is back to a safe range (3.7ish)? Are there any risks involved with this method?

Or, alternatively, I was wondering If I could build p-groups with cells that are close in voltage, but have the p-groups themselves differing quite a bit in voltage, and then charge the p-groups? So for example, say i build a p-group with cells all around 2.6V, and then another group with cells around 2.85-2.9V, and then charge the whole p-groups up to be around 3.7V?

Not sure what the best route is here with salvaged cells, so lemme know what you think. I ordered some o those liitokala’s back in April from China so they ought to be getting here any day now.

Please be careful with salvaged cells though, I would say mix them so all parallel groups have equal capacitance and resistance

1 Like

I’ll measure later today

2 Likes

What did you search for? I can add those keywords

1 Like