The battery builders club

I used tons of flux sanded it and gave it a ton of heat… Couldn’t get it to stick. In salt water it wouldn’t rust and when put to a cutoff wheel it sparked like nuts. The stuff I got had some weird properties.

not the stuff thats usually used, rosin or whatever, you need some weird oil like liquid which smokes and stinks when evaporates haha its specifically made for alu and stainless as it cleans the oxide on aluminium.

1 Like

who here uses a kweld? What do you using to power it? I’m trying to power mine with a 12s2p battery (30Q cells) and am getting a a “remove short!” error when I plug it in =(((

Are the probes touching?

Also im pretty sure 12s is too much input voltage… And that is way too weak to spotweld

2 Likes

nope they’re not touching. Hmmm so what’s a good power source for this thing that’s not a crazy complicated supercapacitor or something?

not an answer to your issue , but this is a good thread to read over.

1 Like

the lipo linked on its website 3s 5ah 75c i f i remember well, and its only about 30$

2 Likes

According to the instructions you max out at 7s, but supposedly you want 3s. They have links to recommend stuff in the product description

1 Like

Yeah I found it, sorry I was a little slow on spotting the info. Got this:

a little more than $30 but meh, duty calls =/

I bought the exact same thing lol

1 Like

how did you fit 8awg into an xt90?

With lots of heat, it’s a pretty rough job but it’s solid. If I could do it again I would twist the wires to make it a tight bundle because mine are all over the place, I used a cap to hide the mess

1 Like

uh oh, that’s gonna be me :innocent:

If you want I’ll send you mine, yours will be solid and my OCD will be satisfied :smile:

1 Like

it’s ok, I just put in my order with hobbyking but thank you brotha

You should have bought the $25 of connectors and bits for free shipping, I got loot for days with mine

1 Like

replace the xt90 ideally with lug nuts, it will be a bottleneck

That seems kinda dangerous…what if the lug nuts touch while you take the battery off?

I have AS150 7mm bullets with shields, or run of the mill 8mm bullets though

just make one always connected and insulated and the other not.

i also had bullets but they would get super hot, fyi i weld really fast so…

Uhh…what bullets were you using?