The battery builders club

Lmao probably, did you check the board?

The bms board itself if fine, but the little bms resistor that had 101 on the front has since burned off the 0 in the center. Kinda wack. Might be able to replace

1 Like

Built my first battery
12s5p and 2 of the packs are at 2v
Would like to slow charge the battery up but haven’t wired bms or main negative or positive yet
What is the best way to charge it
Should I wire the whole thing first?
Thanks

How did you manage this lol

1 Like

I did this to one of mine and it was shot, maybe if you replace the resistor it will work but hard to say without seeing if the board is damaged anywhere else. What exactly did you do to make the magic smoke

1 Like

Just connected it. That’s it. Not anything wierd. Connected the balance leads and it fucked itself

Hmm yeah well balance lead order can easily mess the whole bms up, so maybe one of them was switched.

Other than that, I’ve always seen the guides say to connect B- and the other wires first to the board before plugging in the balance connector, so I’ve always done that. Not sure if it makes a difference or not but I don’t want to find out

2 Likes

Yeah that’s probably what got it. Makes sense I guess. The balance lead order is fine, although I did connect the negative second.
I’ll try it the other way.

I would buy a $2 TP4056 li-ion charging board from the usual places and then charge the individual groups that are low.

While that’s on its way, you should do some deep headscratching and try to figure out what you did wrong to have a couple groups get that low.

4 Likes

Replacing the resistors isn’t too hard, i accidentally shorted balance wires and blew a little resistor like that. Replaced it and it was all good.

3 Likes

I need to connect the 5x 2S groups of a flexy Evolve packs but there’s not enough space along side to run 10 (or even 12) AWG wire. Does anyone have a reliable solution, apart from cutting away the enclosure?

Bad cells
Seller gave me a refund on them but thought they might be salvageable
Rest of the pack is at the proper voltage

1 Like

Run two 14AWG? Or three or four 16AWG?

As long as there’s the same amount of copper cross section (mm2), it doesn’t really matter how many individual wires there are.

Check it out fuckers!!! Its alive!!! Smart bms working great!

18 Likes

Would a single 12 AWG be enough for a series connection? I have lots of 12AWG but not that many 14 AWG. Also, any recommended links to get the braid? They do look thinner than silicone wire.

5 Likes

I really like braid for low profile series connections. Not sure if you can get this shipped to you but this braid has worked well for me so far

edit:IDK why it says 75ft. I got 15.

1 Like

Jeeeeeeeeesus that’s $20 shipping to here for some reason. I’ll look around and see if there’s a similar product with a hopefully cheaper shipping option. Thanks!

2 Likes

how much do you need? I have some I can spare

1 Like

About a piece of 30cm, if you have that amount

2 Likes

sure, no problem. can you work with 2* 15cm pieces? I bet that will fit in an envelope

pm shipping info

2 Likes