The battery builders club

It’s a double stack 0.15mm nickel strip. The layout is original from the OEM battery I just simplified draught for myself and I guess for people here now. the battery goes back into my Enertion Raptor 2.1.
There he is no extra room inside the battery compartment. The original battery did not had any wiggle room when installed. So I am limited to the space Factor.

So before I merge the two carriers together I need to install the BMS wiring the website of my smart BMS is a little confusing and I would gladly appreciate some help.

This is the Smart BMS I bought which will fit into the Raptor 2.1 with some modifications… Need to figure out how I mount the display on to of it.

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/

Interested to hear your experience. I ordered the same BMS from that company and they never shipped it. Got a refund like a month later and ordered elsewhere. It will arrive tomorrow.

I want to wire it up in charge-discharge and I have no clue how… The diagram on the page it’s not identical to the unit. Also the OEM battery has the leads to the 11 Pin soldered to the negative post on the smart BMS diagram that shows the leads soldered to the positive?

Weird, people have bought from here before. I have a 16s one on order right now

12mm wide? I guess that means 21a acceptable * 2 strip = 42A acceptable. to 68A poor/hot according the local reference.

I guess that’s “at the edge” if you push the full 60 battery amps. again, mostly thinking it through for the learns.

Hmm I was thinking of doing double stack series strips on mine of 2x 0.2mm x 10mm, I wonder if that will be enough for my 12s6p

I considered buying the copper braid, in fact it’s in my cart saved for later on Amazon, but the 15$ here 15$ there purchases add up quickly

No to 0.15 m m Strips laues over each other. So it’s 0.30mm in thickness.

0.3 thick by 12mm is not on the chart. you’re saying two stacked carries more current than two in parallel?

I multiplied by 2 for the double stack. to get those numbers.

There should be no difference between the two, its all about area squared

I don’t know guys you know this better than me I have more strip here. If that is okay to just Sport world one more 0.15mm over it.

__________ 0.15mm
__________0.15mm
__________0.15mm

= 0.45mm spot weld Strip

Currently I only have 2 stripes stacked welded. That is by the way the same configuration as Enertion has it in the space cell. Not saying that is great but that is the way it was made.

I haven’t made a battery and tested it myself yet, but from my materials / engineering knowledge, it seems okay to me. You’ll have issues if there is any flex in the pack though.

At that point it is probably easier to just get copper braid though instead of welding three on top of each other.

how wide are you strips? i was asuming 12mm.

8mm wide. Same as original pack

So in that case, 34a continuous acceptable and 45.34a continuous “hot” for two layered strips.

Just look at the list and do the math haha it’s simple

I have some more room on the sides to prob. Add a third layer. Unless someone is saying that the cells expand on heat etc…

So this to mean means you’re good carrying 34 ( 17 x 2) amps through your double stack series connection. and pushing it at 44amps (2 x 22 )

but for all I know people may say you’re ok for burst up to 60 the batteries can do.

I’m interested to have someone more experienced chime in if you should be concerned. and if so if 3 stack is the right fix. ( which would get you to 51amp - 66amp good to poor range. )

So does it mean that the original battery was bottlenecked on purpose to restrict current flow maybe? Because I literally just Cloned the original battery… Minus that I add a better BMS

Well keep in mind all of those numbers are continuous. Pulling 60a continuous probably doesn’t happen as often as you might think, unless you’re crazy.

Bursts they can range higher obviously

The original device probably didn’t pull as much continuous current

1 Like

if your original battery was limited to 34amps or the esc only limited battery current to something lower then it’s not an issue.

also Idk what burst tolerance is with these builds. that’s why i’m gonna stop chiming in now. and let someone else more experienced speak.