The battery builders club

shit I’m glad you posted this because I was eyeing this dudes nickel yeasterday. Time to give it a gamble

1 Like

Ok I need some help I know I need an XT 60 or 90
But I want to charge it with my charger and maybe add a battery indicator is this possible?
I put this in the noob questions but no response I want to do this stuff but need help were to get it thanks

1 Like

what charge port do you want to use? barrel jack? Also what enclosure you using>

You should just hook it up with a 5-8A fuse, do you need the battery indicator to be built into the deck? Some people use a battery meter that plugs into the charge port.

1 Like

Just got some glass to make a enclosure and want to find a Plug and play charger obviously XT 60s I’m just a noob at the stuff so what do recommend And where to purchase the stuff thanks

1 Like

What do you recommend nothing too crazy?And can I purchase the stuff on Amazon or another site

1 Like

Can you rephrase what you are looking for?

does this thread help?

2 Likes

Awesome thanks @Fosterqc your the best🤙

1 Like

Not for eSk8 but maybe for E-Bike

1 Like

I know this is a noob question but what is the best layout for a 6s3p 18650 battery? My layout is having three layers, each layer is 6s1p and you link the main leads of the three layers. (I have never made a battery so any help is appreciated.)

Must be less than 6" x 4" x 2"

This might be a bit longer then you want

1 Like

No, I need battery layout (which and where each battery connects to each battery) not enclosure.

1 Like

Draw a pic of your current plan and we will try to spot any issues with it.

I have but I cant post it because I just made my account

1 Like

@mmaner he needz a bumpies

Done. Welcome @MNG_Michael.

1 Like

Here

1 Like

Looks reasonable, It is more standard to make 3P groups then connect them in series. Your balance wires would basically do that, so that would make the wires more work to hook up and arrange to prevent possible shorts.

This is a common mistake for people leaning to make packs so there is probably a more robust reason to not do that. Someone else will hopefully chime in.

1 Like

Like this?

2 Likes

Yeah but with series connections for every cell like in the first pic. Parallel connections transfer basically no current it all goes though the series connection.

1 Like