The battery builders club

Wait till you see a onewheel XR battery.

They wired the xt60 backwards intentionally from the factory.

3 Likes

How do I do this without making the whole thing solid?

2 Likes

Agreed, pack may as well go in the garbage now

1 Like

Lots of flux, lots of heat, move very fast. Also hemostats really help to limit heat and solder spread.

4 Likes

funcky configuration, will see how this comes together

2 Likes

been testing this active balancer sort of bms,
pretty cleaver instead of dumping energy into a resistor and burning off the voltage it activly transfers the voltage acress each cell and balances each cell level been testing it fpor a couple of weeks now and works flawlessly,

first board i blew up :), i have a 14s board balancing the pink cells.

only downside there is with this balancer if is if there is a problem with one cell it wont stop, it just keeps transfering the energy into it non stop, but if you monitor each cell and there isnt too much vairairation then should be ok

i intend building my 12s9p pack without a bms, charging it with a charger then plugging in the balancer and balancing the pack every now and again, also keeping an eye on each cells voltage closly will keep posted
i thinnk bms are great but if using new cells shouldnt be a problem if monitoring each cells very regular, seen lots of people use lithium without bms;s without problems. am i right in thinking lots here just charge and no bms?

3 Likes

I’ll be using a balance charger for all of my builds.

#fuckbms

5 Likes

Those active balancer did work like shit for me.
They just start „balancing“ when the difference between groups are over 0.2V.
You can’t understand if the unit is working properly.
I did myself a test with two 6s lipos and a different charge, like 0,3V difference. The board never managed to balance the packs out.
I read that others have been more successful, but based on my results I personally would have a hard time to trust those units.

1 Like

been using it for a couple of weeks now, and works flawlessly every cell 4,09v there are other versions out there mby you had a different one, they are pretty easy to blow up i did :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyone knwo what cells these are and is £1 per cell a good offer for them
i need some for a range extender pack

Buy a few and check capacities there are lots of fake cells out there

1 Like

Same, plus I use a chemistry that takes looooong to go out of balance. #fuckbms

1 Like

pretty sure these are legit mainly asking in principle are these good cells

2.8ah 5amps for a range extender pack

damn 10C discharge and 15Ah that’s alot

are those 4cm x 152cm?

Has anyone had any experience with putting too much voltage through a 5.5x2.5 barrel jack? The ones that I have from Amazon are rated for 30v 10a, but I don’t know if the insulation would be sufficient if I have a 12s battery.

oh please no, not those fake balancers, I could sing a song of pain and anger :frowning:

+1

Anyone have any experience with building a balance charger with a regular charger and a BMS? Tips/tricks?

I did one for @xsynatic. For 2x 6s lipos. But it will work for any 12 configuration with wired balance wires.He can confirm if he uses it and how it works.

5 Likes

Can confirm. Works great :slight_smile:

5 Likes