Metroboard charge port and charger

I have a battery, 10s2p, but no way to charge it. It doesn’t have one of those red connectors that some other companies use, so I’d like to just get a charge port I can put on my board. Also I need an actual charge brick itself too.

Lmk if there’s any good options.

2 Likes

PMd​

3 Likes

Can you show a picture of the battery connections at present?

1 Like

Dude I’m in the same boat. Tried calling them for a while and sending emails but they don’t seem to understand what I’m asking for.

@BillGordon @b264
The one not taped is the charge connector^

7 Likes

They send a charge port with the battery when you get it . It is hard to see and you don’t know it is there. I almost threw mine away. Plugs right into that connector.

5 Likes

I certainly didn’t get one… looked through all the boxes. But also I got the 10s4p battery which had completely different plugs than the 10s8p that a friend of mine received.

3 Likes

@b264 has been offering some help but I’d still like to spread awareness over a weird but annoying issue

2 Likes

Do you have a multimeter?
The charge /discharge connectors will be shorted out on one of the nodes.
Set your dmm to measure DC Volts and see if any of the connectors have 0v across it. (very steady and not moving) if the reading is moving that’s most likely an open.

My guess is that the 3rd connector (the automotive pair) is the soft on/off switch (the website indicates this battery has a on/off switch

@b264 said it was for a power connector, but an old one?

What is meant by power connector?

Power switch*

SPST non-momentary? That’s what I was told

1 Like

Yeah sounds right.

Also, apologies for the charge connector. I don’t think I received one when I purchased that battery

So xt60 is discharge
Weird squeeze connector is charge
And the automotive pair is on/off

3 Likes

Yup, seems right

We did it gents

1 Like

wow. fancy battery. antispark switch built into the bms

1 Like

This is what you need to make for the charge port.

AFAIK the white wires can be soldered together if your esc has a switch. if you want to use it, hardware stores will have the on/off switches that can accept that connector

5 Likes

The white wires are for an SPST non-momentary low-current switch for controlling the BMS output. Closed = Output (XT60) On

The charge port is the weird connector. Do NOT accidentally short this out while checking polarity with a multimeter. You can solder these to a charge port and a fuse. I had one extra but already promised it to @Bordboy

1 Like

Brian, so if you cut the wires short and solder and heath shrink them, it’s just like any battery pack then right? Metro told me they ran out of switches. I don’t see a reason to even have that switch using a Unity

Yes; correct :ok_hand:

2 Likes

for now

1 Like

:joy: touché.

20Crapnertion