The battery builders club

First battery. I bought Mboards nickel and received 20 8p pieces and 6 6p pieces instead of the 25 8p pieces stated on the site so I’m kinda stuck for now. I’ve also put off ordering my deck/enclosure for too long… Anyone in the SF bay area have a spare redember 44 + eboosted enclosure or mby northcamp they’d be willing to part with lol :rofl: :upside_down_face:? @Skyart you able to save the day?
Rn the 3links are lookin pretty silly on this little monstrosity of a cnc experiment :joy:

11 Likes

Dang man just sold my last 44!!! I have a dope evo and double Stack enclosure that would fit that pack!!

I also happen to have the missing nickel you need :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny. I think i saw you had a northcamp a while back, any chance thats still kicking around? I’d totally go for the nickel, and still might end up doing that, but the prospect of connecting p groups without an enclosure in hand seems a bit unwise for someone who’s never seen the enclosure in person before. Id imagine this is also a no, but do you have just a re44 enclosure?

@BigBen may still have one for sale

I have a Jotnar, but it’s being frited for personal build, i do have a 44 enclosure But that’s also slated for build

1 Like

Here’s an interesting option:

3 Likes

I was just about to lower asking price too

That’s weird, have you messaged them yet?

I’ve bought the 8p stuff four times and all of them had extras in the package

2 Likes

I would suggest putting some glue/silicone/double sided tape between the two long halves of the battery.

I’ve seen several staggered packs like this where the side that overlaps ends up riding up the other side.

2 Likes

I put several beads of hot glue between them, you think that’s adequate? There was one I could feel wasn’t super solid, but i took it apart and redid the glue.

1 Like

Should be ok, but it’s hard to give a definitive yes/no. Also make sure it is nicely padded between the enclosure/deck, then you should be sweet

1 Like

They haven’t gotten back to me yet. From what I’ve heard abt their customer service I’m not holding my breath though.

1 Like

It should be better now, when did you message? It is the weekend, after all

1 Like

I messaged on Friday so its understandable they haven’t gotten back to me yet

1 Like

Always good to keep tabs on how things are going with vendors - if you remember, let us know what happens

1 Like

@Battery_Mooch

should throw some mineral oil in one of those next pack fire containment tests. @TheBoardGarage

2 Likes

Great for cooling!
Not so great if there’s a fire. :scream:

2 Likes

To be transparent… When I run a battery fire bag test, the goal is to make the battery react as destructively as possible. Generally I’m trying to see what the bag can handle.

Unless I’m talking about the most recent test…which failed miserably because I got too frugal, didn’t pre-test enough, and ended up wasting tons of time and money.

So…yay.

What were we talking about again?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. :pensive:
Wishing you unbridled carnage and destruction next time! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Anyone know what this yellow plastic is called?