The battery builders club

12s6p, already in staggered p groups stacked 3 on top of 3. would i be ok to extend my .2mmx30mm nickel beyond the sides then solder 12awg x 2 to do my series connections? obviously the points would be cut off and rounded and there would be fish paper dividing the two halves down the middle.

with series connections to the outside and middle, the balance wires would run on top. i know its not a conventional setup but seems like it should be an OK arrangement?
if not, how would you do series connections? add another piece of nickel that would fold over the top?

i tried to illustrate it with my poor paint skills…

I dont see an issue with it electrically, but practically it looks like it would be a pain in the dick. I’d just use 50mm nickel folded over the top

1 Like

i only have 10mm and 30mm on hand

1 Like

90+ amps, easily. Depending on the cells, they may be the limiting factor rather than the series connection.

Which is pretty much exactly what ShutterShock told you the last time you asked this exact same question.

3 Likes

Lmao thank you for realizing this

2 Likes

@ceasium

2 Likes

Last time I asked about 30x0.2mm this time I was asking about 30x.15.

They are p42a

In that case, i’d be more inclined to do it like this

2 Likes

Doesn’t really matter, because the nickel isn’t the bottleneck in either case.
See below.

1 Like

anyone know where to buy the white silicone stuff thats insulating the PCB of that BMS

I’m pretty sure this is it. I have been considering getting some for a while, to try my hand at sealing up a JST wiring harness the way they come from the factory.

@poastoast could you post some pics of those wiring harnesses that you sealed up, and maybe an explanation of what you used and how you got them so clean? I’m still super impressed by those pics.

2 Likes

Oh that Kafuter company is the one that makes that horrible yellow hard glue stuff too

yeye! gimme a second, I might be able to recreate it

1 Like

here you go :wink:

in text, get the LET just about flowing a very slight amount and keep slight pressure on the tube, like barely any, just to keep ot going nice n slow as you drag along one side of the connector

it should do the wicking on its own, no need to force it through
then flip to the other side, do the same thing
and ethen let it rest vertically so the LET can form down to the wires more than soaking into the connector deeper

you can go back in and add a little more if it’s not enough, but a little can really go a long way!
it’s not factory perfect but it’s failry close with some practice

9 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for posting that.
Something that has worked well for me, to neaten up things like this, is to place a wrap of painter’s tape around the wires just above the connector. When you finish you can peel off the tape and have a beautiful straight edge for the top of the goop on each wire.

11 Likes

Just realised I have a nearly 2 years old pack with a D140 bms in it. At end of charge sits at a whopping 109 C.
Pack seems to be fine, a little out of whack though. But I wonder how much of that goodness it has sucked out of it during its time. :laughing:

1 Like

I have seen more of those bms fail than any other bms… except maybe the evolve ones :rofl: get rid of it! Its garbage!

2 Likes

Yeah it sure is a nice space heater :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I dont have much love for that battery anymore, it has been collecting dust for the past few months.
Wanted to test out a few things and didn’t want to tare down any of my other boards. And realized it by burning the back of my fingers on the damn bms

2 Likes

Funny though back in the days it used to be the most trusted bms. :laughing:

3 Likes

I remember. Fuck knows why.

3 Likes