The battery builders club

Esk8 news approved?

Would personally much prefer to see a fishpaper bridge. I also try to avoid routing near larger soldered wires because they can be sharp.

6 Likes

I would personally prefer to see a piece of fishpaper in between there, in addition to the tape.

Also that balance wire solder joint at the bottom looks very sketchy.

4 Likes

ah ok thanks. I already had FG tape there to hold the wires down so I figured it would be usable. Should I replace it or is it just something to keep in mind for the future?

also the solder joints did look janky to me too, but a hard pull didn’t move it so I decided to keep them.

You can leave the tape, but I’d definitely add a strip of FP under the wire.

1 Like

4 Likes

Perfect :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I thought this was an interesting read on spot welding technique and testing from a non hobby/PEV source:

2 Likes

@Evwan

I’d personally reflow these joints so they’re a bit more cohesive. I’m not sure if it matters though.

4 Likes

I chose not to as they didn’t budge after a hard pull and I don’t wanna keep heating up the cells

2 Likes

looking for a 12s smart bms. dont wanna make a thread for it but if you have one (preferably LLT) ill take it.

@ZachTetra

All the ones I have are reserved for a personal build, sorry

2 Likes

I got some

im mad that batteryhookup is out of tesla model 3 cells and I’m even more pissed at myself for procrastinating purchasing them

2 Likes

apparently these are also tesla cells? Lot of 100) Like New Panasonic 21700 4.8Ah 7A High Grade Cells – Battery Clearing House

anyone can confirm this?

I heard the same thing, but thats all

1 Like

Check with @Fosterqc and the Battery Clearing House thread, someone mentioned talking to the BCH people to try and find out one way or the other.

To me, they dont look like they have the three laser weld lines in the middle of the bottom of the can. Hard to tell from the picture on that listing though.

1 Like

same kind of cells used in the Floatwheel battery and other cheaper eboards. they call them tesla cells but like these, are not from tesla’s hands.

1 Like

Thanks for filling us in Foster! What’s the source for that info, so we know?

1 Like