The battery builders club

You need to have more read time on this forum before you unlock the trust level required to post pictures. (We do this to cut down the spam from freshly-created accounts like marketing and etc)
Go spend a while reading through the “is esk8 right for you?” thread or maybe this thread (actually read, don’t just scroll through fast), that should get you there or close.

4 Likes

So I’ll be back in few hours thanks for the advice !

3 Likes

I think it’s something like 20-30 minutes, but I don’t remember exactly. Not a huge amount, just enough to filter out the create-account-and-then-immediately-post-lots-of shit types.

2 Likes

It will probably be fine but there are some things you could improve.

Instead of using narrow nickel strips and spot-welding them on top of each other you can use 30mm wide nickel strips to go over everything at once. Also put 6 welds on a cell instead of 4. More is pretty much always better.
Oh and use 21mm instead of 18mm fishpaper rings on the positive terminals.

Here is an example:

Edit: I just read you have ladder style strips under the narrow ones. This is better than just using single pieces but imo the wide strips still are the best

3 Likes

Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate your commitment!!
I’m now a bit more ensured :sweat_smile:

Here the answer from @Acido

Here the answer i get on the efoil builder forum

All the answers goes to the same direction. I hope it will help anybody else to build is own big battery pack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have 1 strip of nickel per a cell as a series connection doubled so I’d say you good for 200A ish more amps will add heat so only short bursts.

Unsure what size AWG wire you used but I think that will be your limiting factor

2 Likes

The AWG I’m using is 8AWG so if I remember well, it’s rated for 180A

1 Like

But I’m not able to do it for the one of the bus bar. Because I will fold it on the side of the battery, the strip is peeling even if I make a ton of spot welder point.
The cable I’m using is 8AWG and if I remember well it’s rated for 180A.
Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bit optimistic. And that’s befor you add cable factors at work I’d be useing AWG 2 for 180A

I would seriously think about doubling up and running a second cable in parallel

2 Likes

these just get better and better,
lots of really useful stuff on there,
thanks!

1 Like

Happy to help :blush:

2 Likes

anyone use these puppies yet? looks like the new king of 18650

5 Likes

I believe they are pretty much the same as the P26A

3 Likes

ahh, i must have missed that report. dang lol i know it was a bit too good to be true. i don’t remember the last time i discharged a pack below 3.3 so the added capacity is pretty useless to me.

2 Likes

QS10-S or EC8 ?

120A continuous 330A pulse
I’m unsure of wich I should use, I like the Idea of the antispark with the QS10-S and the 4 smaller connection for xyz option but I also like that I can get more with the EC8

Any good legit shop on ali?

Idk if you already got these, but out of my 110 BHU 6Ah cells, I have about 10 dead cells (below 1.5v) and 5 cells below 2.5v and this is just through self discharge over 6 months. I think they’re bad cells, couldn’t prove it but this is ridiculous.

1 Like

1 Like

proceed to charge inside the house

fuck it

seems logical if you ask me

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have no alternative. There is no outside for me to work. I unplugged it as the car battery is at 10.8 volts, but that doesn’t really matter as the built in charger is broken anyways.

2 Likes

Different strokes, and all.

I don’t do it often because reasons, but generally I use a pack down to 2.8 so these are nice. I like them for the Onewheel packs, they’re a nice fit for those where a trail riding session will take me down to pretty much empty before I get back. I’ve done a couple stock XR rebuilds and these do well to replace the VTC6.

2 Likes