The battery builders club

Aren’t those blade fuses rated for only 32v?

im not concerned with space my enclosure space is big.

no clue actually lemme check. Edit read and someone said they are rated for 12v so this particular inline not the ideal choice XD.

I don’t know if they’re any much better, but I started using the glass fuses, the ones rated for 250v. I know it’s an AC rating, but I’m not currently having any issues using it with a 50v line.

Not the ones brian sold me anyway, I have one on my 12s build

These are 58V

1 Like

aight so using the inline fuse holder itself is fine but just gotta fine a 50v mini blade fuse

1 Like

Ill snag this inline holder for minis like @A13XR3 and get the 10a 58v fuses from b264 link sounds good?

1 Like

Fuse holders are overrated.

Just silicone/epoxy/hot_glue that thing inside the enclosure near the charge port and solder to it.

It probably won’t ever blow. If it does, just add another one. Leave the old blown one in there :rofl:

3 Likes

haha alright then. lol i wont leave it if it blows since i wanna as clean of a enclosure build as possible i already have a hellish scooter enclosure that looks like a rats nest inside XD. Wat fuses u got on u atm that i can snag from ya

If you’re in the US, click that link a couple posts above, I have currently only 7.5A in stock for cheap cheap

I haven’t restocked the 10A yet and might just go to 15A, not sure

edit: restock happened

7.5A is probably fine unless you want to charge at more than 6 or 7A

If you’re not in the US, still click that link because it has in it yet another link that goes straight to Mouser (aka: the slowest site in the world :rofl:)

1 Like

im in US so PM time imma guessing

Choose either. There’s no difference between charging at 5A (0.83A/cell) and 6A (1A/cell) except that 6A will go a little faster.

2 Likes

yea imma use 5a for the time being since imma get the 7.5a from b2 til he gets 10 or 15a fuses then ill go to 6 or 7 amps.

I’m surprised how much bigger the 16s BMS is vs the 12s.

4 Likes

Wow, you’re right. Four more channels and a 50% higher current rating I guess adds up quick. :grin:

3 Likes

As a reminder of the times that the fuse saved one from a catastrophe. I like it.

I’ll give that a go when I run out of holders.

1 Like

That 16s 30a looks the same size as my discharge 16s 320a

2 Likes

Just got a 20s today, I was surprised by the size as well lol

1 Like