The battery builders club

How do these welds look ?

6 Likes

Great! Did you do a pull test?

1 Like

Thanks and Yh flags but was on tight

1 Like

So, if I got a smart bms w/UART port I could connect it to a metr pro?

1 Like

hahaha
brilliant

thought for a second that was what the inside of cells look like

1 Like

Metr Pro Updates
they talk about it somewhere in here, but yeah the metr connects via BT.

1 Like

Isn’t that a practice cell?? Lmao wtf

1 Like

Thats a classic 9,000,000Ah cell

5 Likes

How does this look? 12s6p P42A. It’s my first flex pack.

Edit: there are 1mm PETG separators and 4 layers of fish paper in the middle, also the shoulders of the cells under the nickel have 2 layers of fish.

25 Likes

I’m slightly turned on. It looks really nice

8 Likes

That’s cleaaaaannnnn. @Skyart would appreciate.

3 Likes

That looks mighty fine my guy! How much current are you pulling

1 Like

Its for a stormcore, so probably 90A per side to max out the 6p P42A.

2 Likes

Looks really solid.

Only thing to note,

This thing will be flex-tolerant, but not actually flexible. The bricks need space between each other and the copper cables need to be a lot longer, otherwise it wont flex up and down, only up.

Im assuming that’s probably what you were going for, so it’s not actually an issue, just nitpicking at your phrasing :joy:

4 Likes

wiggle resistant

5 Likes

That’s what I was going for. I originally had it worded like that but it sounded weird.

3 Likes

I think we need a lexicon of battery building terms to better communicate all these ideas.

I think “Flexible” and “Flex-tolerant” are pretty good and well-understood.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t see any action in my thread on the green room, hope no one minds my posting here.

I’m building a pack for a trolling motor, max amps on paper per manufacture is 41amps. This is a 36v version. I’m torn between two cells, but also open to other options.

1. qb26800 6800mah $2.80+shipping&tax/fees. Estimate $375 for 10s10p 68ah li-ion

2. batteryhookup 32650 listed at 5000mah (reported testing at 5700mah) $3 per+shipping&tax. Supposedly a 10% discount code but I didn’t see where to input that.
    Just guessing it will be $375-400 12s10p
    50-57ah lifepo4.

So less cells (size and weight) and more AH with the qb, but I think read the cycle life and drain/charge ability of the lifepo4 is better?

Any inputs?

1 Like

Ive used the batteryhookup 32650 6Ah batteries in esk8s with no problems and surprisingly accurate energy ratings, slightly exaggerated power ratings. Since its a trolling motor using only ~40A I would most definitely go with the LifePo4 for the cycle life alone. But it depends on the range you need as boat motors are pretty much as inefficient as they come.