The battery builders club

yep in there multiple times

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll dig it out later after work🤙🏼

2 Likes

Is that a triple stack? What deck?

1 Like

Results coming soon but testing from one vendor can’t can tell you if any other vendor is selling genuine Tesla cells or not or whether that one vendor has switched cells at a later date. :frowning:

9 Likes

Thanks man will be eager to see results. What vendor did you purchase from?

2 Likes

Are you aware of any besides BB BIG BATTERY Bigbattery.com?

2 Likes

Hey @Battery_Mooch do you know much about the new molicel cell? 3100mah 25a 18650

4 Likes

How new is this? I’ve never heard of it and it sounds amazing

3 Likes

sounds like a 30q on steroids

4 Likes

No, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Summertime release.

3 Likes

They better have a weldable can this time 🤦

3 Likes

Donations from riders, don’t know from which vendors. Doesn’t matter though as the sources for the vendors change and cells can change at any moment.

7 Likes

Not yet, waiting for samples.
It will not be a true continuous 25A rated cell IMHO. Molicel rates their cells for their intended use, power tools, electric vacuum cleaners, etc. All those only use cells for short bursts. Like all the Molicels we use the rating in the datasheet will be temperature limited and cannot be considered a true continuous rating to compare against other cells.

The cycle life specs are critical too. 30Q’s could be 50A rated cells if we accept a cycle life of 50.

That being said, this cell could still very well outperform 30Q’s and VTC6’s. Or it might just be their equivalent, being released to carve out a chunk of that market for Molicel.

We’ll find out in a few months. :grin:

14 Likes

Nope, staggered double stack :grin:

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Image result for shaq cat gif

5 Likes

Why so secret :joy:

2 Likes

Im planning on a 12s12p or 12s16p. I have 200mm x 600mm of room under my deck for a battery, bms and esc will be mounted on top. Any suggestions for layouts? Its it okay to have one p group sideways like this? is the 664 too awkward and 5x3 is better?

3 Likes

@BenjaminF gracias. But now I’m back to BMS’s?

7 Likes

It hurts me to do it to people. #FuckBMS. But a Duck’s gotta eat.

3 Likes