They got tesla cells

7 Likes

I like that the quantity is either 25 OR 200 lmao

4 Likes

why do you do this to us @Fosterqc

3 Likes

I hate you

4 Likes

Fuck those tesla cells are cheap! Too bad they can only do 15A discharge.

3 Likes

You’re right. Probably a good reason to take this thread down then right? :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Given that they push them to around 25 A peak in a Model 3, you should be good using that. They probably will get hot if you use a small pack. I.e, a 12S1P with them may be a bad idea since this will happen for longer periods of time, 3P or more should work, specially since we don’t care that much if the battery will last for 1000 cycles

And they don’t ship here :unamused:

4 Likes

very tempting… anyone know if i can fit a 12s5p single stack in a hummie? i feel like the id might be to wide for the cavity…

3 Likes

Yes, too wide. You can router it out more though, will require a wider enclosure tho.

Length will be a bit tight, but with the smaller bms’s and stormcore’s saving space on antispark switches it should fit.

1 Like

yeah routing is to much work, im building a semi budget board for my bro and the price VERY right on these cells for a 5p…

however Im half tempted to build another 8p for my flux board i just finished lol… MOAR range and that extra 5a per cell vs the 18650 sanyo GA would give me a lil extra headroom and/or pop if/when i need it =/

hmmm lol

2 Likes

12s6p Model 3 is just slightly less capacity and less weight than a 12s10p 30Q for a fraction of the price. ($200 vs. $500) which is my current plan

28.8Ah vs 30Ah FOR LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE

8 Likes

yeah but in the car there is also a cooling/heating system for the batteries

3 Likes

Sure, that’s why only if your pack reach those number for a few seconds it will work

2 Likes

15A of discharge is too low, however capacity look promising

2 Likes

I think 15 amp discharge is plenty, and thats continues, who knows what peak is. Once you finish that DS for century @eboosted we are all going to find out!

Also made this 12s6p but have not installed yet, will know next weekend how it performs

11 Likes

Don’t you build your packs with 30qs? They’re pretty much the same discharge capacity just cheaper but with higher capacity . Not bad in my book :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

:point_up_2: Right thur

3 Likes

Damn son. That’s clean af. Make me one already homs

6 Likes

I meant 15A is too low for a 21700 cell, of course is compensated by the capacity, compared with 40T and 30T is low

8 Likes

I thought we waiting for Pluto’s to get here before I make anything lol

2 Likes