The battery builders club

If you buy 50+ the prices on some of the Samsung cells are better than Bulkbattery

2 Likes

Check the shipping price against 18650batterystore.

For me in Australia, it always ends up cheaper by a fair amount with 18650batterystore

1 Like

soooo much better.

1 Like

Damn you man. My wallet cant take this constant abuse :joy:

2 Likes

No, checking around…

2 Likes

Rushed through my physics homework and got a little bit started :grinning:

10 Likes

typical domino pattern.

I’m a bit stumped by this problem, the bms isn’t getting accurate reads on the first two cells but I checked the bms leads harness with a multimeter - I’m getting the correct voltages there, low resistance, everything “looks correct”. I tried plugging in a different smart bms, same problem not reading first two p-groups

1 Like

Very high possibility one or both of those two wires is not getting connection properly.

1 Like

I thought so too so I checked the resistance on all of the leads and they looked pretty similar. Not satisfied with that I actually re-crimped and replaced the lead going into group 2, still same problem.

1 Like

yello dont worry its just the main battery - isn’t connected. like the one on the side of the bms. atleast it was for me :man_shrugging:

broken llt bms? had the same problem and that was the issue

3 Likes

Oh shit I haven’t wired the charge leads yet just the balance then checked the app, let me try that.

2 Likes

:rofl: i did the same thing. maybe just grab a wire and “touch” the two ends to check if that fixes it

That was right on, crisis averted!

6 Likes

Well bulk battery sorted me out! Free delivery took 2 days to get to Uk only ordered on Wednesday night!

11 Likes

Dang! How much was shipping, may I ask?

2 Likes

Free and so far I dodged import duties so I got 100 cells for ÂŁ365

6 Likes

So if someone, has an old pack with a bad pgroup. ( charges up faster and drains faster than the rest. )

Is it a bad idea to try to replace the pgroup with new cells…

I told them the usual you sholuld probably get a new pack. ( 12s12p ). but having bought the board used they give me the “holy shit that’s gonna be expensive” style response.

I feel like the zeitgiest in this group has been never put new cells in and old pack, and if you have to do it to all pgroups evenly. or tear apart the whole pack and rebuild it evenly, at which poiknt the labor suggest going ahead and doing new cells anyhow.

2 Likes

Yep this is pretty much my opinion on it as well. However there is a 3rd option that I think doesn’t get much credit:

Just remove the bad p-group and have an 11s battery. Your top speed will be a tad lower, and you will need a new BMS, but it’s way cheaper and easier than rebuilding the whole pack.

5 Likes