The "Baby Blue Racer"!

It already has a seal!

Yeah I think I’m fine with sharing it, just pm with your email and I’ll try to dig it up on my computer

2 Likes

Ok I’ll pm you. I know you said it did, I just meant with it already on there it should be plenty good enough.

1 Like

That thing is so sexy wow! Hows the board and makerx holding up

1 Like

Just did the first real ride with it yesterday! The esc is going great but the 3d printed pulleys aren’t. Printing some pulleys in abs now. I hope those will hold up better.

2 Likes

@mishrasubhransu do you have any tips for printing with abs? The biggest issue I’m having is the pins going into the wheel are snapping. You have any idea on how to prevent this?

1 Like

Can you show me the part ? And the model that you are using?

Edit: Found your pulley. Well it will break. Only nylon might be able to sustain those forces on those skinny pegs. What I suggest you do is find dowels from your local hardware store that goes into the kegel holes just right and then modify your design to have holes which tightly hold those dowels in place of 3D printed pins.

2 Likes

Such an awesome build BTW, I somehow had missed this.

2 Likes

Do you think useing 10 pins instead of 5 will help?

Like this-

Of course. And if you let superglue soak in. That will add to the strength too. But I highly recommend the dowel idea.

4 Likes

@mishrasubhransu how would I secure the dowel to the part? Just press it it?

yes. Pressfit(+superglue maybe). There is no axial force so it’s not going to come out.

2 Likes

I have printed camera mounts with a hole through the center of the pin and used a paper clip, or anything with a small diameter and metal, and glue it in the hole. It’s pretty simple…straighten a paper clip or mostly anything rigid and metal, mix up a little 2-step epoxy and put some in the hole, tap in the metal piece, let it cure for overnight.

1 Like

Would this work if cut to size?

2 Likes

I have used those rods in a higher stress application and they haven’t failed on me yet.

3 Likes

Yeah, absolutely.

1 Like

wait how the f do you fit a press fit pulleys on a regular length cal 2 axle? or am I missing something in my life?

2 Likes

The design was simple enough-

I’ll prob try this next week.

3 Likes

You can get away with fewer dowels, since it’s steel.

any screws of that diameter?
might be able to try that

1 Like

M5 should work.

2 Likes