The Art of Carving

I am trying to come up with a good reason t give my wife why we need something like that is our garage. Other than it is so fukking sexy, because she might not get it.

1 Like

tell her it’s vaguely sexual but you have to figure it all out first

2 Likes

Is that just a compressed air setup?

1 Like

That remind me when i had to explain what this weird swing thing was when we snooped around my dads stuff back in high school :joy:.

1 Like

I’ll wager heat in there too.

2 Likes

Does it come from the bag? I dont think you could heat the ply/mdf? mold, could you?

you could use heat pads

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s a good point :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Steel beam. Mdf bottom mold. Heat mat. Ally sheet. Lay up. Heat mat. Inflation bag, mdf top mold. Steel beam.

2 Likes

6 Likes

A snowboard comes out looking like this

6 Likes

:whale::whale::whale: oh wow. Much excite. You pressed any skate decks?

3 Likes

I sense a community deck in the making here

3 Likes

Nope but with the tooling I already have it would not be all that hard to do

6 Likes

It’s all delivery. I’m super guilty of laying into newcomers to the forum, not maliciously without reason but because you can always sniff out the “I know what’s best and you’re all doing it wrong” people from the ones like you that clearly have experience and have taken the time to document and present it in a more humble manner. You’re a solid addition to the forum, welcome.

Reading your description of the carve woooshed over me but the video tied it all in so well, will give it a go. I’m terrible with instruction like most people but seeing the movements was easy. Thanks man.

There’s a market here for a premium deck that ticks the boxes, if you enjoy making them you should definitely try it out. The community extends far further than this forum as ironically many people find us the opposite of what you’re describing :sweat_smile:. But they all dip in and you’d be surprised at the larger market.

Also people buy from people and I’d buy your deck because your bread fed dad bod is fantastic and I like your explanatory approach, I bet it would be sick.

Keep it up

8 Likes

Thanks Brent.
Its funny because when I talk to snowboarders I get the exact opposite reaction, they take me just like you described you take the know it all newcomers which makes me think there is some kind of auto rejection thing that goes on when a new dog comes into the pack, regardless of their qualifications.
I came here trying to fix up a mess somebody else created for me, with what you could call a beginners mindset. I had no intention of sharing any of my work stuff or my history but it all kind of flowed out naturally.
So I started myself at the bottom of the pack you could say, I still hold myself there amongst you lot because my only qualification in the esk8 world so far is getting fingered by Psychotiller, perhaps that alone made me come across as non threatening lol.
One thing I know for sure is that Ill stick around, and have a think about squeezing some esk8 specific decks into my one man production line. But without you guys I would be nowhere, so it will always exist as a collaboration in my eyes. You guys bring your experience to the table and I will do my best to match it with my fabrication skills.
Partay partay !

8 Likes

That thing is sexual chocolate

4 Likes

@BillGordon you know what to do.

3 Likes

Went out for a night ride to practice and GTFO, my feet aren’t happy after 10km of FF carving. I got into a groove though, felt better than ever before. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I see you used some muscles that have been hiding back stage until tonight lol

3 Likes