The Art of Carving

Sorry this vid is not perfect, and there is no sound file, I upload it just to help you guys see the body positions my method promotes.

1. To prompt a turn.
    Knee open, knee closed. note its effect on upper body rotation.
  2. To middle a turn.
    Sit on toilet, soul arch. They both deliver maximum down force to the board
  3. To complete a turn.
    Eagle wing, wax off (think Mr Miyagi). These last upper body positions are extreme for skateboarding but you absolutely need to know them, as with all the body positions you can add as much or as little to your turns depending on the style you want to see or the turn shape you need to make.

When I start to skate the first run is step 1 only.
The second run is step 1 and step 2
The third run is step 1, 2 and 3 all together.

1 Like

It will be live here in 1 hour 10 mins they say.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thanks! :call_me_hand:t4: :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

I also noticed that lockdown, and all the fucking bread everyone is making is making me fat LMFAO

4 Likes

So the reason I ask is because I’ve actually been messing around a little bit trying to make a carvy snow skate. I know there’s some pretty exotic bi-skates out there already, but I’ve heard any opinions from riders.

This is the best I’ve gotten so far, but its pretty kooky.

7 Likes

name approved

1 Like

name approved!!!

2 Likes

faaak that didn’t end well :joy: :joy: :joy: :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Id say you maintain a front knee inward position and that causes it to become your pivot point, to make the turns work you wash the back foot around that central pivot point. Try opening the front knee for heel turns and the board will flow along its edge rather than washing around like that.
It does look fun man!

2 Likes

I just did a wheel base reduction and chop job for my friend.

Then went Dog skating to test it out!

8 Likes

Confucious say
Dog food cheaper than samsung 30q cells

6 Likes

Shortening the wheel base from 81cm to 76cm drastically improved its carving performance

2 Likes

As I type this Im poaching car laps with my buddy in a closed resort at 2300m

3 Likes

3 Likes

I should start pressing decks considering I already have this

12 Likes

Dude no one here will try to talk you out of it :laughing:.

If you are taking suggestion, id say first one could be a really wide single kicktail short deck like that killdozer. But maybe thicker around 14-17 plys with a pocket underneath for electronics.

Do you have to let the compressor run the whole time? How much pressure does it reach?

4 Likes

Thick with a recess for batteries sounds kinda rad.

4 Likes

The compressor only runs when needed. I press snowboards at 95 degress celcius for 20 minutes

2 Likes

They don’t need to be all that thick to get 1 layer of cells in there.

12 Likes

dat’s sexy as faaaaaaaaaaak!

5 Likes