The Art of Carving

Also FF vs SF vs DF stance. I used to do DF, currently doing SF, time to turn to FF I reckon.

1 Like

I call the circular hips motion the hula hoop method, when you get it going it provides two opportunities to push yourself forward in each turn set, creating additional speed each time.
You can push off the rear toe and the front heel.

But not to carve on?

You lost me there Chainy

1 Like

Im going to go outside now and make a video

1 Like

Was looking into snowboard/wakeboard construction and mainly those plastic or urethane sidewalls. Do you glue strips or do you pour it in liquid form?

Edit. By the way, now I need to go lookup how a heelflip on the snow looks like :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Actually I was one of the pioneers of urethane sidewalls about 7 years ago but I gave up on it, its a huge hassle and never as strong as using uhmw hdpe which I use now.
If you google skibuilders.com forum and my username gozaimaas Im sure you can find the info but my advice is to buy uhmw hdpe strips

2 Likes

Sorry, should have block quoted.
Said you do shovits and heel flips on snowskate.

So you donā€™t have a snowskate you do carving on?

Funny, I was actually reading that thread you started a few years ago on that forum about pouring urethane.

I wonder how durable it would be on a skateboard, pouring is interesting but it seems it is done on flat cores while I was hoping to find clues on how to do it on pre-shaped/pressed deck.

2 Likes

Haha no snowskates are like drag cars, straight line only. Well my type is anyway, its just like a skate deck with a slick bottom not the type that have a ski under them

Funny, I was actually reading that thread you started a few years ago on that forum about pouring urethane.
I wonder how durable it would be on a skateboard, pouring is interesting but it seems it is done on flat cores while I was hoping to find clues on how to do it on pre-shaped/pressed deck.

Woohoo block quotes are on! thanks Chainy.

It sure is a small world Tamatoa!
Send some pics of what you are doing by pm and Ill do my best to advise you mate.

2 Likes

Thanks, will take you on on that offer when the time comes. Right now I am still gathering info and it might be a while before I finally get to test anything. Really stoked that you are here tho. I will stop the derailling nowšŸ˜…

2 Likes

Its funny you know, The people on this forum are really accepting of new ideas and concepts it seems.
I guess its a product of esk8ing being such a new industry, all the answers therefore lie in the future and that produces a positive atmosphere.

I deal with people from the snowboarding community that are the polar opposite. I think its because the sport is much older, and everyone believes all the answers lie in the past. They are not open to new ideas and concepts at all which produces a negative, fear based atmosphere.

You guys should be proud of what you have going on here.

10 Likes

I think its been said before, but weā€™re a bunch of rednecks that want more, faster, and yesterday. Whomever can help with that is welcome to share info or help build our future.

5 Likes

Im watching now and strongly disagree with his method.
Point 1,. He stays sitting on the toilet in a toe turn which is a heel turn friendly position. No soul arch. Power is lost right there.
Point 2. I didnt even see a point lol
point 3. Square stance?
point 4. Pivot. But he just limited his ability to pivot in point 3 with his square stance
point 5. Was also a nothing point

2 Likes

sit down and take your compliments like a good boy lol

2 Likes

I mean we are and we arenā€™t. Your happiness here depends highly upon proving what you say. We can be downright dicks to anyone, new or not, if theyā€™re making unsubstantiated claims.

1 Like

Thats just natural selection in practise. Perfectly normal.

2 Likes

:joy: :sweat_smile: :joy:

thanks for watching and your opinionā€¦
Iā€™ve been snowboarding and esk8ing like Moja explains quite a few yearsā€¦

maybe Iā€™m gunna haveta rewatch the vid againā€¦ he made perfect sense to meā€¦
but maybe iā€™m just a k00kā€¦

1 Like

Yesterday I made a video showing the body positions and timing that my method promotes but I wasnt happy with it, my battery was running flat and I subconsciously rushed the whole thing but I will upload it just for a few days so you can see it with your eyes.

3 Likes