The Apex MUD MONSTER, Apex predator deck| vesc 6 mkIII | 1:7.5 two stage chain drive

Pictures of damage are always cool to see :smirk:

1 Like

Your build is something new very interesting :+1:, but you need a strong motor mount like e-toxx or Idea and also new trucks.

2 Likes

i do have new trucks in the works, this board was more of a prototype (mainly as i kept breaking and repairing it) the next one will be far stronger

1 Like

yeah i’ll take some soon, just need to haul it’s ass up the stairs and bring myself to disassemble it

3 Likes

Ladies and genitals, the ground wire is el fucked.

This is probably why the sensors are clapped

6 Likes

Should be an easy fix :ok_hand:

3 Likes

switched the plugs on one of the motors and got the sensors working again.
and i’ve decided to revive this drive until ‘The Iron Giant’ is done.

1 Like

Hit those ends with some hot glue, the wires often tend to come loose at the connector.

1 Like

Them bad bois are now soldered and crimped into the connector

The m5 screw wasn’t bent it had snapped. The aluminium is fine, replaced the lock nuts and added crossbracing

5 Likes

What thickness and material axles are you running?

12mm thick, en8 steel hardened, tho en24 steel would provide a more corrosion resistant axle

3 Likes

Axles are nice, 20mm stepped down to 10 steel, im following you in your footsteps!

I dont know exactly what steel but its very resillient (its just stock we had laying around)

Edit: its most likely c45

8 Likes

Why not 12mm?

5 Likes

Ya that was a mistake

2 Likes

I found some 10-28 bearings though so feelsgood.

1 Like

Yeah 10x28x8 isn’t hard to get either, just was curious if there is a deeper thought behind it.

2 Likes

i was thinking of using 20mm stepped down to 12mm (the 20mm section would be useful for mounting drives) c45 will work quite well for axles

1 Like

Also built a mini mill today, I should be able to step up my drive building game now :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Love it :rofl::muscle:

1 Like