The Apex MUD MONSTER, Apex predator deck| vesc 6 mkIII | 1:7.5 two stage chain drive

they are 0 degrees, but the break makes it look wonky.
steel trucks are heavy af
you NEED hardened steel axles (i made my own)
Your welds must be good or you’ll have street face
don’t go as wide as me, you encounter a lot of issues
dual kingpin trucks feel pretty strange tbh
i have a pattern for channel trucks but haven’t had time to make them yet

1 Like

That’s some serious lights :sweat_smile::ok_hand::+1:
Any updates on mudguards?

I found those:

and ordered two in hope the size will fit and I just need to make a mount for them.

Dont worry, im designing for- and making them with my uncle, we have a lot of heavy machinery and hes a welder and maker of special systems on trucks (haha) so we are good! (Iearnt welding from him too) He actually managed to harden some blades for a wood shredder in his heater so we’ll try it with the axles too.

So how is the feel of them? Could you describe?

1 Like

100% beefcake right there.

Not sad at all. Glad you’re ok haha

1 Like

i have some mounting holes in the drives for mud guards and I’ll probably be making them very soon

they feel more carvy then channel trucks and are still quite stable at speed, but they wobble a bunch on rough terrain

3 Likes

I would totally agree with that, mirrors my findings.

2 Likes

Would you prefer them over channels? I saw some apex branded ones on your pictures so im wondering if you find them better and are gonna sell them.

2 Likes

Yes…

And yes! Soon :grin:

2 Likes

This board is freakin overkill

I love it

1 Like

I have some big plans for this board, and modifications for the trucks to make them more suitable the the kind of use this board goes through

1 Like

Finished up my new light bar, the board now weighs in at 32kg with battery and 26kg without.
Gotta work on the mudguards next.

Yes the deck is wonky, the bushing was compressed wonky and just needs some time to relaxed again

7 Likes

that’s just beautifull ! amazing work here !

32kg though, if anything goes wrong in the midle of 20km ride i guess you need to let it there and go find a car ? ahahahi wish you’ll never have to answer this ^^

lets just say it’s a very tiring walk home

Inspired by you i made my baseplates today!

On to the hanger next time, also need to finish and paint ofcourse.

10 Likes

good to see you’ve put the bracing in between the king pins (learn from my mistakes). on a side note i bent the king pins in my front truck by hitting a tree.

keep me posted on your build

2 Likes

Well I really killed it
Bent the front king pins
Turned a m5 12.9din bolt into a banana
Killed the sensors
Everything is loose, not like the threadlocker is gone, as in the aluminium holes in Everything is wallowed out
And the torque from the motor is twisting the motor mount into a pretzel.
It’s time for the upgrade, just need to gather some funds for some parts

11 Likes

You broke it before it broke you :metal:

6 Likes

hopefully the next iteration can stand up to the abuse

3 Likes