So a little background to this build and its versions. I built my first esk8 in 2017 on a longboard with a 1.5kw sk3 motor and a x car beast 150a esc, it was a little champion on hills, but the roads in the UK are shite so i looked into pneumatic tyres, sadly i couldn’t afford a trampa board so instead i looked on ebay and found an old scrub furnace creek for sale at £60.
A couple of months later i had the parts to make a diy electric mountain board, (literally made it in the back of a car on the way up to Scotland for a holiday)
it was using 149kv sk8 motors
x car beast 150a esc
(also using the hobbyking esk8 motor mount)
then the fist time i rode the board i couldn’t find my knee pads and ended up ripping a hole in my knee to the bone
ended up finding another scrub furnace creek for £60 on eBay and thought it was time for a rebuild
i added motorcyle dampas a box for the escs and a carbon fibre vinyl wrap on the deck
replaced the 149kv sk8 motors with 192kv sk3 motors and added hall sensors to the motors so i could run them in sensored mode. i replaced the small hobbyking motor mounts with the trampa carbon fibre ones and added bracing bars across them.
after a pretty brutal session at a skate park i killed a motor, esc and broke one of the motorcycle dampas, so the board was out of action for 6 months
In the 6 months i set up a small blacksmithing business to pay for the repairs on the board
and managed to save up for a complete trampa board, two vesc 6 mkiii, 9" megastar wheels and mud plugger tyres.
as etoxx makes the sexiest spur gear drives for mtbs i decided to make one as he didn’t have a 1:7.5 gear ratio to run 12s 192kv motors and 9" tyre while having crap loads of torque.
so i designed my own spur gear drive.
it uses mod 1.5 12 tooth and a 90 tooth spur gears (https://www.technobotsonline.com)
the drive is made up similar to an etoxx drive tho i couldn’t machine the pom out shell so instead it uses spacers, a strip of aluminium, electrical tape, tie wraps and a v seal to seal the drive from debris.
to house the batteries i am using a a Milwaukee packout tool box and for the vescs i have bolted them to a piece of aluminium and that is glued to a Milwaukee shockwave bit box