The Ambassador | Landyachtz Switchblade 40" | Kahua trucks and mounts| Flipsky 6374 | 30q 12s5p| Unity

It’s better than everyone. I ordered Sunday evening, got an email Monday morning with a question, and shipped later that day.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you, especially that with customs and more expensive shipping its 244$total, compared to 212$ for the boardnamics. The question is, should I?

Thank you, sounds amazing.

1 Like

IMHO, yes.

2 Likes

Get your motors from haggy too then

Also dont forget you are still riding a longboard. The feel is everything

You already have a top quality deck you should get some nice trucks too

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I try to buy all my motors second hand nowadays, because it’s just so much cheaper than new.

But if I were you, I’d get in on the Flipsky 6374 groupbuy that’s happening:

P.S. nexusboards.co.uk has Boa wheels as well, but way cheaper than sickboards. People seem to like them; I haven’t tested the set I bought yet tho.

P.P.S. When I bought from Haggy I only had to pay a few $ in import fees :wink:

P.P.P.S. I hope you’re aware Switchblade decks get wheelbite unless top mounted / extended mounting holes / DKP trucks / small wheels.

3 Likes

It is decided then. I think I’ll post a WTB, maybe someone has a pair in the EU.

1 Like

-Aren’t the flipskys unreliable? There were quite a few posts about them breaking or being DOA:

-Thanks, I’ll read up on the boas a bit more.

-Depends a lot on where do you live. I’m a resident of Hungary, customs can charge between 27%-40% markup on anything from outside the Eu.

These new ones seem promising to me. Depends if you plan to reverse mount your motors or not. If there’s no chance of pebbles / debris hitting them, I would use them.

Idk how your customs system works, but back in the day in LV they would believe whatever the seller wrote on the package, which is how I got away paying close to nothing.

1 Like

I would get them from Haggy too, but after customs they cost 330$, more expensive than Maytechs. BTW, Maytechs for 307$ or eskate.eu maytech rebrands for 274$?

This sounds promising, especially considering the 60$ pricepoint, a third (!) of Maytechs. Which mounting method would you recommend to avoid damaging the motors?

Reverse, so that the motors are higher from the ground, and have 0 chance of hitting curbs. Problem is you can’t jump down curbs then (not that you’d want to on a switchblade deck), and the tail of the deck might get in the way of motors. I have a non-standard solution for this problem in mind, but I can’t recommend it until I test it myself.

Thank you, I’ll give this some more research. Please keep me posted about this unorthodox solution.

[P.S. Shoutout to the Latvian/UK folks, gf is from Riga, met in Cambridge]

1 Like

If you are going to spend all that time and energy building a battery I’d protect it with something other than the BMS that is with the unity. I’m one of the people who helped design and debug that BMS and the IC it uses is just problematic. We were never happy with it’s performance. Can ask a few of the people around here to elaborate on all the BMS problems we had with the raptor 2 (same etray as what you plan to purchase). Saving $30 on a BMS is not worth killing your expensive battery.

Also be aware the cool cheap price you are getting on that unity is taken out of the pockets of a lot of awesome community members here who never received their stuff and/or warranty replacements when their things broke. I think you’ve been made aware of this and are moving forward purchasing from there anyway but I’d rather see money going pretty much anywhere else so I’ll just repeat this again.

5 Likes

You replied to the wrong person, but I agree, get a Stormcore instead! :stuck_out_tongue: Buying a Unity with 0 post-purchase support is not smart.

Yeah my bad! I couldn’t edit it. Yeah honestly there are options if you look around. I think even flipsky is a lower level of risk than that operation.

Thank you for the advice on the BMS, I’ll certainly take it. What extra safety measures would you recommend? i.e. what bms?

Sadly its too late, I’ve ordered it before making this thread, before I was aware of the implications. In a thread it was concluded that it is indeed the factory who supplied enertion with the parts and didn’t get paid, not Jason, so I felt that it is not a moral violation. (also the chinese warehouse manager(?) uploaded a video of the unitys.)

1 Like

I don’t think you fully read the thread then or thought critically about the situation, there’s pretty much only one place those are coming from and it’s Jason. The PCB factory we used doesn’t list it’s customers designs on alie-express. Would be a really fast way to lose the trust of all the businesses using your services.

BMS are a bit tricky to source, I think some of the other guys on this forum can offer some better advice here than me. Been awhile since I shopped for one, I bought one from @thisguyhere and it has been working well in one of my builds awhile back but I’m not sure what the current best options are. There’s some workable ones on alie-express that are cheap. Just make sure to bypass them.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll look into this a bit more, and probably return with some more questions. I apologise for this situation, I wasn’t fully aware of the extent of this scandal.

1 Like

No worries, not trying to berate you. Just want to spread correct information to the best of my knowledge. A lot of people read through this stuff :+1:

6 Likes