The Ambassador | Landyachtz Switchblade 40" | Kahua trucks and mounts| Flipsky 6374 | 30q 12s5p| Unity

Thank you!

I find the tuning your throttle curves with ppm remotes more satisfying than a UART based one that only has three modes.

True, this gives you a voltage read out, maybe that’s important to you. I use a metr for that on my phone and tinker with settings there .

Remotes are pretty subjective. There are cheaper options like the mini and gt2b

4 Likes

Thank you! So which ppm remote would you recommend?

Hoyt puck :joy: but it isn’t “cheap”

2 Likes

VX1 would work, but people really enjoy Hoyt puck but that’s expensivo

2 Likes

You could go for a mini remote and mod it

My personal favorite remote. It’s a trigger throttle than a thumb so take note.

Here’s a thumb mod

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve read some reviews about the Hoyt puck, but I don’t think that in my first build I have a budget for it. But later may upgrade it.

2 Likes

Thanks! Doesn’t the vx1 have three speed presets? I’m not entirely familiar with the different types of remotes.

2 Likes

Yes there is! But it’s very simple and I normally just leave it at the normal speed mode or whatever

And it can show you a rough estimate of battery voltage using LED lights

1 Like

The mini is a good start. If you hate the trigger, there is a 3D printed mod to make it a thumbwheel.

It looks kinda stupid, but it frequently recommended bc of reliability, price, insane battery life.

2 Likes

Thank you all, I’ll look into this a bit more. I certainly prefer the thumb over the trigger, after a year of using the prior.

1 Like

electricboardsolutions.com has TB wheels, and nexusboards.co.uk has Boardnamics trucks, but not with the fixed axles. I would stay away from eskating.eu since I’ve heard from people that their customer service sucks.

2 Likes

understandable, I was dead set on thumbs for the first few years from my Boostedboards upbringing.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks! What do you think about boardnamics trucks with their mounts? It would be slightly cheaper with shipping(212 usd) than Haggy’s shipping+customs (244usd). What would you recommend as an alternative for eskating.eu?

Thank you! I was considering the boas, but many people expressed their contempt about them on this forum. Would you recommend the wheels as an alternative to the TB ones?

Id still get the Kahuas, customer service is key

4 Likes

Is it better than electricboardsolutions?

Boa is a shit company, owned by scammers. I shouldnt have linked them

3 Likes

Despite the company, are the wheels any good?

1 Like