ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

Mostly positive its phase related not sensors. You know all this though so I’m preaching to the choir. Love your work.

1 Like

Thanks. I need the extra unity to finish the stormbreaker. Can’t believe an Unity can break so easily

They all break easily. Nature of the beast. focboxes are renowned for being reliable. I’ve killed 5. I still use them though or would if you could still get them, in all my builds over any other vesc.
Unity will be the same I’m sure. Just not into enertion rubbish. In stock? Cool. Count me in. Pre order? Not a chance.

1 Like

Enertion replaced the Unity for me because it was caused by one of their wonderful Hubs.
I only know of the Wizard in Canada who can fix Unity`s. Best bet is to ask Enertion usually they are quite generous with replacements. We still don´t know if your Unity was already bad when you connected the Motor.

1 Like

No the Unity was fine before I was using it. I think is one side of the drive that caused the problem. I got the unity last March or April don’t remember and it has been great.

1 Like

That’s sad! The only person I know of that does Vesc repair in Europe is Martin Sprusansky www.sprusi.com. Worth a try. Usually he replies to the chat on his website.
@Riako are there no wizards in France?

Ah Yeh I know him.

1 Like

If you want to try @MoeStooge his race wheels, I have a set eh… (and abec 107 too)

2 Likes

:frowning: No, no official one …

I was wondering also for my focbox (previous version), ended with I them to a friend for his training/learning with hot gun or I don’t know what welder type …

But thanks for your link ! Now I know what to do next time :wink:

:crossed_fingers: for the drive/fox/test …

3 Likes

My back up plane is the TB 110mm. Anyhow I am now using the 75Kv version. With AT. I know the motor really well. I know how much torque is lost, the top speed ecc… So easy for comparison. I can say that the AT rides fantastic. The only problem to me is that the braking are less. Torque is still fine. Not as really strong as before but still super fun. Probably stop these wheels is not an easy task for a direct drive. They brake but before I could slide basically

1 Like

Just letting you know :stuck_out_tongue:
90mm senior pepe, 85+90+107 abec, moe, 2x haggy, 100mm mbs

1 Like

Damn you have a collection there. When does the shop open?
Moe must be amazing.

No idea! Only used mbs/abec. None of the others i have tried. Was waiting for surfrod setup which finally came in when i was out with a broken elbow.
I tend to go all in when i have a new hobby yea :smiley:

What battery and motor amps are you running? What did you think 75kv vs 60kv?

Sorry about the unity. I’m on the fence about sensors, not sure they’re worth the additional ways to kill vesc. I think I fried one vesc with a broken sensor wire, and I’ve gotten tossed due to I believe glitchy sensor on one side and traction control. I don’t really miss it when I unplug the sensor wire.

But for hubs it’s really nice to have the motor temperature sensor working.

For you the cogging is the difficult problem. :frowning:

I don’t think this motor has tmeperstyre. At least the last batch didn’t. This batch I only tried the 60Kv before the Unity broke and indeed in the metr log I see motor temperature. I was surprise actually, but not sure they have it. Also the previous ones had 6 wires coming from the motor but the temp one was not connected to anything.

The 60Kv I tried sensorless as well and the problem thst they always clogged at high speed. Ubfrotunelatelly at the time I didn’t figure it out that could have been a Unity issue. So I moved to the 75Kv to test the AT.
With 75Kv AT is nice. You loose torque of course but still they go nice. As I said the problem is to get strong braking.

For the short time I tested them I had more torque tl with the 75Kv, but again I don’t know if it is due to the clogging or what.

I kept setting the same for comparison.

Motor 60A
-70A

Battery
60A (total 12s3p)
-20A (total)

1 Like

I guess it’s time to go back to fsesc6? They have new dual vesc6. Small footprint.

Mini:

Are we suspecting the 60kv drives broke the unity? If so I can see why you’d want more info before hooking them up again…

Exactly! The unity was fine for 1k km l, hooked the new motors and broke so it must be related. The 75Kv works just fine. I should try the 60Lv with the other unity but Yeh I don’t want to risk.
Anyhow the other still run sensorless but that side cloggs a lot with whatever motor I use.

1 Like

Cogs on high speed? Like it’s choking?

Yes like when you give full throttle. Seems the current didn’t know where to go. Don’t know how to explained, but was on one side the problem. The faulty one.