ThaNoS_Short AT commuter_ ChooChoo deck | MAD Fury DD | Hammock Adj Base Plate | Haggy 6" / TB110mm wheels

Ahahah now I understand why people say that they ride amazingly… Ok you know the size but didn’t aspect such a big and heavy wheels. They must be above 2kg only the wheels. They are as soft as Popoca just double of the size. Crazy! Trying soon…

I will feel a bit uncomfortable to ride around with these massive wheels :joy: the skate will look like a monster truck. They are heavier than the deck.

If you want them fast in EU @EboardSolutions is the man. Thx!

EDIT: Because some times I when I type on the phone I should stop from doing all the rest :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I really want some of them! They look great.

1 Like

They look massive, that for sure :sweat_smile:

Tried out the TB110mm wheels. I need more times to get use to the different riding style but immidiately I can say:

Pro:

• they look awesome, nothing to say.
  • by touching them seems same formula as Popoca. Super soft. Nothing conperable.
  • tons of grip… Way too much.
  • damping. Make the combo deck that allows you to stand not on the truck and these wheels and bye bye AT. Not saying for off-road but in the city you don’t need more.
  • stability, they only know how to go straight :joy:

Cons:

• way too big and wide, and therfore too heavy. I gained 1kg for sure compare to the 97mm wheels. I knew it but believe me that from pictures you can not really realize it. Wait to see them :grin:. Here a comparison with popoca. They look like a toy compare to the big brother (that being said popoca is still my favorite wheels, you can actually use them with a longboard. The other are only for esk8).

• turning is nice and probably I only have to get use to it, but they have way too grip. You feel like on a go-kart. To me just 10mm less wide would already change the game. I am use to really get deep in turning since I come from snowboarding. You need to put way more weight to turn with them. I probably need to play with bushing to get it similar as before.

Overall:
If you are looking for something that says ehy I am the boss and no one can stop me. Then they are perfect. It was the smoother ride I have experience so far. Even more than AT since the rolling resistance is really low be urathene. It does influence a lot when you have DD that they roll forever. I can pretty much keep the same speed for tens of meter. Will I keep it forever? Not sure yet. Probably for my short board a 100mm wheels would do better, waiting someone is kind enough to make a 100mm wheels, with the same formula, kegel core, and not shocking colour if possible :grin:

MAD Fury DD wise:

Positive surprise that coming from 97mm and going to 110mm doesn’t reduce the torque significantly or to better say now you have to go closer to full throttle to get the same torque while before you add more throw left, but was really not possible to use it all for me. Plus my battery is 3p so I can not ask the impossible to it.
For the rest hills super fine, brakes are good. I thought their limit was 100mm but they really go to 110mm. Only downside the speed. Way too much.

Now after all the bla bla the only things that counts…
I know they are massive but with this deck looks like a mini thank… Love it…

31 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

That looks so fucking good. Holy!

1 Like

Yeh it’s more a F1 but yes looks gorgeous :blush:

1 Like

Hi, so with the 97mm wells was 9.2kg. With the gigantic 110mm wheels is now 10.5Kg :grin:

1 Like

These cutted like harfang would be a dream. Love the tank look :grin:

2 Likes

Thank man! Definetely too big. I will switch when I find a 10pmm wheels with the same quality. I feel slower in the slalom capability and I carve a lot. On the other hand they are gripper than pneumatic.

Checkpoint pics done.

5 Likes

That’s weird. My bergs are grippier than my tb110s

1 Like

Let’s say that I didn’t had the possibility to test pneumatic enough, and for sure not with the same performance. Probably I used the wrong words. What I meant that due to the wide contact patch you feel stick to the street. Probably purely grip wise AT wins but I have a test strett where I can bom a S turns at 40-45kmh easily and with these wheels you feel on a rail. You can really give double of the pressure than the 97mm I had. The latest tend to slip at the back if you push too much.

Ah. Makes sense. I noticed I don’t have to pump carve as much w pneumatics vs tb110s. While cornering, I feel like the tb110s tends to push. I have to lean and push carve more.

I feel like I need to test between the two back to back to fully test it.

1 Like

Yes same feeling the TB 110mm needs way more effort to lean, they want to go straight. That what I don’t really like. I need to play with bushing to get the agility back. They are just too big and wide :grin:

I personally think it has too quick of a rebound. It doesn’t hold the lean.

That what I mean with they want to go straight. At speed they are fine since your weight increase during turning. I was thinking of reduce them of 10mm on side but they are too nice to touch them. I will wait until BOA or better @haggyboard.timo makes some bad ass 100mm wheels kegel core :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I didn’t even have to retune my trucks to accommodate for the new wheels. Carves amazingly right off the bat.

Range suck major monkey ballz. I may need to upgrade my battery if I want to keep the same range as the tb110s.

Yup! 100mm haggys. Yummm!

1 Like

Do you mean with pneumatic? Yeh the wheels resistance is way higher but thst is aspected. This DD the roll forever so you save a lot of battery is like cruising function.
I can not imagine AT and belt drive. Must feel like constantly braking once you release the throttle. I should make a video showing how far I can go without accellaration. It’s really ridicolous and I found that AT reduces that a lot.