TelTail Lights (TTL) - Interactive eSkate Lighting System

I didn’t vote on all the cable lengths because I’d actually prefer to solder my own wires on most of the time.

4 Likes

@Ricco the pictures in the first post are not working. Is it just my phone or are they broken? I might be interested in these

1 Like

Not working for me either :cry:

3 Likes

The pictures were all linked back to the builders forum since I originally copied and pasted the thread directly from there, and now it appears the files were deleted from the server after Jason came back. Im editing the first post to reflect the current status of the project, so I will also add those photos back in.

10 Likes

The topic post is now updated. Look in the “Background / Legacy Info” drop down for the pictures and text from the original post.

@PixelatedPolyeurthan, I wish I could but that would be a major design change at this point and would take a lot of work to implement. It would also mean another round of beta testing to ensure the design is stable. There are definitely tons of settings to play with though, and there will only be more as the project continues to develop :smiley:

7 Likes

I revised the design a couple times to fix some issues and add indicator LEDs. Since I got the latest PCB version in June, I havent been able to work on the FW due to work, life, and my other projects. I’ll have to keep it on hold untill I get over the hump of launching the sale of TTL kits and have a little free time.

3 Likes

I already riled up some facebook folk with onewheels and SB so make that first batch a little bigger than you expect…

2 Likes

What’s the update on this?

3 Likes

working pretty good for me, for a final release I think it just needs some more features and an easier way to learn how to control it all.

Took me while to figure out that letting the throttle out twice switches the light mode haha.

2 Likes

Now that Halloween and Christmas is coming up, I want to install lights on my boards to let everyone know why I’m broke

5 Likes

Last I heard @ricco is tied up with his upcoming wedding. I need to get my system. Reinstalled on my trampa

4 Likes

Thing is so is the trampa I/O light system and the OSR version are both in the final stages who coming to market first 2020 lots of options coming available.

As @Ace said, I was all tied up with my wedding the last few weeks (months really). I am now back from my honeymoon and ready to tie up the loose ends of this project. I plan to order the first batch of assembled boards this coming week, as well as all of the misc. parts needed for kits. Then I’ll polish up the FW, app and documentation while those orders are being produced.

I truly appreciate it :raised_hands:

5 Likes
8 Likes

I’m very interested in what you’ve got going here… I see potential.

I currently have addressable WS2812B LEDs on my board configured in two different channels.
(One for the under glow of the board and a second for the brake light.) My current LED controller allows for configuration of two different channels, but they are not tied to the esc at all.
Here is a post I made on reddit detailing my setup:
Search for: “How to wire 2 separate channels of addressable LEDs to your ESK8”

I’m currently running a Focbox unity and would like to integrate specifically the brake lights into the addressable LEDs I have on the back of my board.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

This is great - why no addressable rgbs?

1 Like

There are addressable rgb.

1 Like

But can you use them with this?
@Ace

1 Like

It’s a bit dated, but you should find most info on his forums.

@Niklas yes the newest version can use them

1 Like