Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE (Merged Topic)

Let me checking bom cost and if ok I say price tomororw.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s your problem :rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s with a 18t or 20t motor pulley and 60t wheel pulley on 6in nummies with 10sā€¦ 40 mph + board.

@jeffwuneo, if you are making the dual, please make the form factor such that it has smallest width as possible while fitting in your board. This will allow for the biggest battery. Also works be nice if all the 6 phase wires came out at the center and not to the sides.

1 Like

I think we need different versions
Focbox designā€¦12s
Vesc 6 designā€¦16s
Neo designā€¦ 20s

2 Likes

Maybe @Boardnamics can cut you a special 40T wheel pulley, or a 30T motor pulley for a 1:2 ratio. That will get you to 48mph on 12s.
Get a life insurance first, though. :wink:

1 Like

Hummie uses curved magnets iirc

n48sh but n50sh is an option to consider

1 Like

Iā€™d like a direct drive on surfrodz TKP trucks. Doesnā€™t need to be surfrodz branded. Just that kind of quality.

In red, please. :smile:

1 Like

Holy crap ā€“ Direct drive that screwed directly into the hanger! :open_mouth: Yes please, Iā€™d buy that in a heart beat!

Dear Santa could you please look into making a wood+composite MTB deck.

3 Likes

More uniform magnetic flux density, since there are no sharp corners distorting the field lines, reduces the detent you feel when spinning the motor. Also changes the noise profile of the motor.

I am currently testing a pair of 6374s that have curved magnets, they definitely feel a lot smoother and have a deeper, richer sound to their operation. One potential downside is these motors seem to have a higher Kv than their nominal specification, fairly certain that because the flux density is more uniform, this reduces peak magnetic flux density and thus increases the Kv and decreases the Kt, but since it is more uniform, the efficiency should be higher.

4 Likes

IMO

• durable 6374 and stronger motors (existing 6355 and smaller seem to hold up okay?)
  • smart 13s+ charge-only bms (pimousse has one cooking) with can (talk to esc)
  • smart (and small? haha) 13s+ charge/discharge bms (diebiems is 12s)

The other thing missing is a durable e-switch, but I think @Gamer43 design might have this covered, at last.

1 Like

Flipskyā€™s smart switch is working in my test build.

Haggyboard is coming out with an improved, but somewhat lower power, version in the next month or two with a really nice heatsinking design.

2 Likes

Ugh, guess I have competition with my new ESC
Ran into delays because I had to redo the schematic a few times to make the thing absolutely bullet-proof with the best possible performance at the ~$150 price point. i.e. not suck like the VESC.

Configuration settings are going off-chip to reduce firmware corruption problems, MAXIMUM ripple rejection on the analog rail, and various optimizations with the voltage and current sensing scheme.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

11 Likes

not tech related but Iā€™m going to need a bunch of rideneo stickers. and armoured hoodie emblazoned with the rideneo logo. that way i can rep for jeff as I roll around

We make some sticker to sending with all deck and motor. Can sending some more.

4 Likes

Stickers are definitely necessary, need to epoxy stickers into my frit :ok_hand: vinyl stickers please @jeffwuneo

1 Like

Where did you get it from?

Yes, please! Iā€™m down for buying like 50 of them for our group ride crew :heart_eyes:

1 Like

From the description of the flipsky motors, apparently they have curved magnets too

1 Like

Can you please explain why you think this is optimal compared to bigger size and lower kv?